Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

{Dinner} Sauteed Chicken, Celery, Onions over Rice


This was so, so, so, so good! It is going to be a regular in this household! I can't give anyone credit because I didn't know that I was going to be sharing these recipes with my blog. {fyi: I am going to be saying that for several more recipes, sorry} If this is your recipe, please let me know. I'll like to give you credit.

You will need:

3-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Large Onion
4 Celery Stalks
Salt
Garlic Powder
Pepper
1 Stick of Butter {I'll use a little less than that next time}

1. Sautee 1/2 Stick of butter over medium heat in a frying pan adding chicken breasts that has been seasoned with salt, garlic powder and pepper

2. Cut celery into quarters then add to top of chicken

3. Cut onions into big circles and lay over celery


4. Add another 1/2 stick butter, flipping chicken and celery as needed {the recipe didn't call to cover with a lid but I did to ensure the onions and celery were soft as possible}


5. Cook rice in separate pan

6. Cook chicken all the way through and continue to sautee until the celery is soft and has picked up the butter, onion and chicken flavor


Serve Chicken, Onion and Celery over hot Rice and enjoy!

24 comments:

  1. I was planning on having tacos tonight...but this looks soooo much better! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmhhmm..you always make chicken look so good! when am i getting an invite to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come cook for me! Looks soooo good!!!!! Your hubby is one lucky man ... obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm, do you think it would be as delicious without the onion? I have a major onion hatred problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this certainly looks yummy, i gave up meet for 6 years a few years back and was considering it again...but don't think i can do it...this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique: Never give up meat! Hehe.

    Ashley: I think it would taste delicious without the onions as well because to be honest you don't really taste the onion in the meal.

    MrsPancakes: You are invited anytime for dinner! :)

    Lindsay: You are doing fine on your own! I saw your original recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soooo yummy! Hey...the title sounded good. I really didn't even need to read the post. I will be trying this sometime as well as sharing a recipe that I used last week. I always forget to take pictures. I suck. Saving your recipe now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds nice and simple. My husband and kids would probably enjoyed this chicken dish more than the one I made them this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds nice and simple. My husband and kids would probably enjoyed this chicken dish more than the one I made them this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, yum! And it looks pretty easy to do too! That's what I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Butter makes everything better... Yummm, thanks for sharing Faith.



    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks yummy! Onions are supposed to be good for
    inflammation I just heard!
    I need some new recipes, and this one looks easy & yummy. YAY!!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I've never heard of cooking chicken this way! Totally crazy - to be fair, i'm a vegetarian! But still. Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok so I'm gonna have to try to keep this recipe. I have a few of my own to post but been procrastinating. Yum yum girly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, are you a yankees fan? Oh no!!! lol This recipe looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH GOD THAT BUTTER LOOKS AWESOME!!

    Ooops, I mean chicken. Yeah- the chicken and rice look delicious (WITH ALL THAT BUTTER)! You just made me so hungry right now Faith!! AAAHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks yummy and easy enough for me to make....score! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. that seriously looks SO good. but question: is it fat free??

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Raven: Of course it is fat free! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks so good. I always show these recipes to Clinton and he's like "why don't you make that?" haha Honestly, I don't know. Probably because I like to work off of paper and don't have a printer. I'll have to email these to him to print out at work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don’t use the butter and it comes out delicious

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!