Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

My sister's 31st birthday gathering

A few weekends ago we celebrated my sister's, Priscilla, thirty first birthday and it was perfect (I'm purposely forgetting the fact that I was unable to go to the mall with them afterwards because my body couldn't manage it). I am still in disbelief that the girl who would ask me to box braid her hair like the rapper, Da Brat, is thirty one. Also the girl in the pink, poufy dress who would pinch me so hard, run away that way I couldn't catch her, and then slam her face in the wall because she was not paying attention. You would seriously be surprised how many times she would give herself her own punishment, ha.

Luckily for all of us, she grew up to be the funniest person I know and I absolutely adore her. If you're in a bad mood she is the one to talk to because she can make anything seem funny. I'm serious, anything.

Anyway, there's something about being with your people. And I'm so glad that these crazy people are my people.

IMG_5626
IMG_5560 IMG_5571
IMG_5562
IMG_5568 IMG_5578
IMG_5587
IMG_5589 IMG_5595
IMG_5592
IMG_5591
IMG_5594
IMG_5598
Maryanna did not like the vegetarian burger she ordered but instead of ordering something else she informed us all, "I hate my burger but I'm going to train my taste buds". And proceeded to eat it which made us all laugh hysterically.

It was her expression after she took another bite that made us laugh and the type of situation where you just had to be there. I'm just going to say it straight and let you all know that her taste buds did not learn anything that day ;).

IMG_5576 IMG_5575
IMG_5602
IMG_5601 IMG_5604 IMG_5613
IMG_5617
IMG_5625
The restaurant has an amazing view of the Hudson River so after we ate we made sure to take pictures.

IMG_5640
IMG_5643 IMG_5648 IMG_5646
IMG_5651
IMG_5652
IMG_5657 IMG_5659 IMG_5661
IMG_5664
IMG_5684 IMG_5689
IMG_5698 IMG_5709 IMG_5702
This is one of those times where he makes a joke that isn't exactly funny.
His expression is trying not to laugh at his own joke, haha.

IMG_5655
IMG_5656
And although the food looked much better than it tasted we had the best time.
Oh how I love them so.

7 comments:

  1. "There's something about being with your people" <<< I totally get this! It's just that bond man, that comfort. Nothing makes you feel loved more than being with people who always get you.

    Happy Birthday to your sister! Looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I'm still laughing at the whole veggie burger thing. Training her taste buds *cryyyiinnngggg*

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend sugar!


    XO |EESH

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could that food not taste good? It looks AMAZING!! My eyes were immediately drawn to that large pink light fixture in the restaurant. Looks like a cool spot. You all look so good and so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs! What did you use to edit? They're gorgeous. I love how close you and your sisters are. I'm mildly jealous that I don't have any siblings. Your niece and nephew are darling (Dominic is all about trying extra hard to make people laugh with not-so-funny jokes too ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The venue and location look so amazing! Bummer about the food not being top notch. I do appreciate forging through and finishing a burger that wasn't good at all. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys always have the best of time I tell you. I love how tight your family is and that they always make family time a priority.

    Happy 31st to your baby sister, isn't crazy how fast they grow.

    Loving all the smiling faces by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh..your family always goes to lovely restaurants!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!