Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I love today.

11 years ago, I called Sean at 1:43 am to wish him a happy birthday. The time holds some significance as it was the time that Sean was born. We ended up talking for over two hours and when we finally hung up the phone we were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. To this day, I’m not exactly sure how that part of the conversation went but Sean is convinced that I asked him to be my man. I’d like to think that I’m the type of person who would do that so I’ve never disputed the claim. It’s crazy to think that this is our 11th year together. That it’s his 11th birthday that we’re celebrating and that 11 years ago I made him a list of reasons I thought he was ballin’ and placed it on pretty cardboard paper. Should I be embarrassed to share that his long eyelashes made the list? I was incredibly dorky. OK, who am I kidding? I still am.

Alright, moving on ... I actually can’t believe that I’m old enough to be in a relationship with someone for 11 years because many times I feel like I’m 20 years old pretending to be an adult. And then I also realize just how much has changed in the last 11 years.

11 years ago, my mom was still alive. We still lived in NY. Six of our nieces and nephews were not in existence. We did not have 4 properties. We hadn’t even had our first plane ride or vacation together. We weren’t married, obviously. Sean was in school and working full time for Target and I was a receptionist at a sketchy brokerage firm. My sister Priscilla was my roommate and Sean and his best friend Lucas lived together. It's a little amusing to me that my weekends consisted of shopping for outfits with Priscilla and Colleen to wear dancing Saturday nights. Oh and how I looked forward to stuffing my piehole with cheese pizza at the end of the night. Hmmm, something has not changed, I still love stuffing my piehole with cheese pizza.

The pictures below are from our dating days. Except for the bottom left picture which was us on our honeymoon in 2009.

thumbnail_IMG_5579 thumbnail_IMG_5580

7

thumbnail_IMG_5577 thumbnail_IMG_5578

thumbnail_IMG_5581

thumbnail_IMG_5583 thumbnail_IMG_5582 thumbnail_IMG_5584

One more thing that has not changed in the last eleven years is my love for you, Sean.
Happy birthday and happy dating anniversary babe. I’m beyond glad that I asked to be your mint chocolate chip ♥

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Sean & happy dating anniversary - you two are seriously my favorite. I adored seeing all these photos of the two of you.

    I think it's sweet that you added his long eyelashes to the list. When you adore someone you notice those little things. I know what you mean about still feeling 20 inside, but everything is completely different. Happy Valentines day Faith <3 love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. so sweet. Wishing you two many more happy years together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, to the yes, with all the cheese pizza! We had some last night :) I love this post! What a great story and I love the throwback pics. It's so fun to look back and see how things started out. It sounds like you two have built a great life together. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 11 years! That's amazing! Congrats to you. What a special love-filled day to celebrate each year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you remember when texting 1-4-3- was the cool way to say "I love you?" And how appropriate that you called Sean at 1:43!
    Cheers to 11+ more years for you two!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!