Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Currently

IMG_4925

feeling discouraged, saddened and disappointed about what's going on at our borders. It doesn't matter where you line yourself politically ... to have no empathy for people seeking asylum and for children being separated from their families ... it truly makes you one disgusting human being. And to be honest that's me saying it kindly ...

Although the above is really taking a lot of my mind space lately, I am:

excited about the light festival Sean and I are going to this Saturday!

craving nothing at the moment. I had breakfast not too long ago and I’m feeling pretty satisfied.

needing to learn some simple sayings in French since we’re finally going to Paris this year (late August)! I’m so darn excited!

thankful for my family. I had the best weekend celebrating my dad’s birthday (I intend to share on Thursday) and I just adore my family. I can’t help but feel so blessed when I’m with them.

wanting it to be 3:30pm that way I can go home. Story of my life. I love what I do but I love it more when I get to go home, ha.

loving my husband.

missing my mom and especially more this week since her birthday is next Tuesday. It’s crazy but I miss her more and more each day. Maybe I am craving something ... to be able to talk to my mom.

wearing a striped black and white maxi dress and black shoes.

thinking about the all places I want to visit when we are in Paris! I'm begging Sean to make a detailed itinerary like he did for our trip to San Francisco. It was just so organized! Who’d have thought that I would love itineraries the way I do?!

looking forward to this weekend.

hoping that you all have a wonderful week and that life is treating you kindly! ♥

6 comments:

  1. I am beyond disgusted about what's happening at our boarders. I could rant and rave for days, and probably have. This is what happens when you vote in a narcissistic ass hole- who was a reality TV star with no human empathy or compassion. I am angry with every person who voted for that man.

    Moving on...

    Take photos of the light festival

    I am sooooo excited to see your France recaps and Insta Stories.
    Your dad is the most adorable man on the planet, and I'm excited to see your post.

    You'll probably always miss her. My mom lost her mother when she was in her late teens and she still talks about her <3 But I think that's okay, it just shows how much you loved and cared for them.

    I love me a good maxi dress and detailed itinerary too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating and to watch it all and feel like you are helpless. I've been calling my senators so hopefully that helps but lately it feels like everything is just falling on deaf ears. No one is listening, no one cares!

      You know I will, haha!

      Me too! I cannot wait. I'm learning French and I'm the worst, haha. I cannot do an accent for the life of me, except of course if it's an African accent. That I'm a pro at.

      Hehe, he is adorable. Love him! I have to work on that post, lol ... so if not tomorrow, I'll def. post on Friday :)

      Yeah, she was so amazing so I think it's only right she is missed.

      Hope you're having a good week so far!!!

      Delete
  2. You guys are going to have the best time in Paris - one of my absolute favorite cities!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's disgusting to see what's going on in this country but I'm not surprised it's history repeating itself(Native Americans being ripped away from their land,black people having their children taken from them when they were brought over,Japanese internment camps). These people could care less about brown people. They've shown us that time and time again.
    I went to Paris, Marrakech and Barcelona a couple of months ago. I highly recommend taking the Black Walking Tour in Paris with Kieve. He gives so much insight on black Paris. Takes you to where Baldwin and Richard Wright use to write. I can give you his info. It's a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true. History completely repeating itself. It's so difficult to watch.

      Yes, please give me his info! I'd love to get some insight on black Paris! Thank you!!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!