Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring, is that you?

IMG_0451

Two weekends ago, we got a glimpse of spring and let me just tell you how thrilling it was. It’s amazing the things that excite me as I get older. We got up to 49 degrees that day and you would have thought it was summer with the amount of people that were out and about enjoying some much needed fresh air.

Since I live closer to the restaurant we were trying out for the first time, Cinthia drove to my house that way we could drive to the restaurant together. I could not get over how nice it was outside that I actually waited for her in my driveway just twirling around with my arms stretched out under the sun. Yeah, I seriously did that. It felt real good. I bet our neighbors had big smiles wtf on their faces if they happened to catch me ;).

Anyway, we made brunch plans to eat at Maxims 22, a French inspired restaurant and had such a great experience. We started off with a delicious cheese platter and ended with an incredible French toast topped with vanilla ice-cream. Oh I can’t forget to mention the most tastiest mojitos.

IMG_0431 IMG_0428

IMG_0433

IMG_0425 IMG_0437

We were stuffed to the brim afterwards and decided on a little walk to burn off some calories. OK, not really, more to enjoy the beautiful weather we were having.

We ended up finding this beautiful wall mural that was completely a highlight and summarized the day we were having. First real feeling of spring this year and we find a flower painted wall. I mean.

IMG_0442 IMG_0444

IMG_0449 IMG_0452

We popped in and out of shops and found a few that we can’t wait to check out this year.

IMG_0454 IMG_0457

After all the walking we couldn’t help but to get an ice cream cone when we walked pass an ice cream shop. I know, how were we not full? We got ice cream at Bank Street Creamery but we ate it inside because let’s be honest 49 degrees isn’t yet summer weather. It was a really great day and I’m looking forward to many more days just like it these coming months.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends and that you have great weeks! ♥

8 comments:

  1. I FIGURED OUT WHY I COULDN'T COMMENT ON SAFARI!!!

    Anyway...... 49 degrees IS summer this year LOL It has been cold and snowy and icy at any given time. Although, now half of my state is under water :\ if i had any energy i would twirl in my driveway too

    That restaurant sounds like a fun experience! i adore the flower wall ! what are these shops you intend to check out :D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got it figured out!

      Haha, seriously, completely agree. Anything over 40 feels like summer right now! Hopefully the underwater business is all done for now.

      There are some new coffee shops and there is (not exactly sure what you would call it) but a store that had a ton of shops in the building. Restaurants, place to get all sorts of treats, candle making, pick up wine and plants ... all in one place. It was the first time we had ever been in and we were in awe. We intend to go back just to check it out.

      Delete
  2. What a fun day! That mural is perfect and so pretty. As always I love your food photography. I should be sleeping but now I want some french toast :) Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun day. The mural was a pleasant surprise! I want to keep going back, haha. Thank you so much :)

      French toast is always a good idea!

      Delete
  3. The poolside seating is so cool. And that white sand!! It looks amazing. I'm so glad the weather panned out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was amazing. I love South Beach. Thanks so much! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!