Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Flower days are cheerful days

IMG_1351

I’m feeling the need to get back into blogging the random things again; even if it's just once per week these days. For a while, I had no desire but then I went to Ghana and knew that I had to document it for memory purposes. I don’t know about other bloggers but I frequent old posts regularly. Sometimes I can’t remember a particular thing and then I get on my blog and bam it’s all written there. It’s the true beauty of journal or lifestyle blogging which is the reason why I don’t think I’ll ever stop blogging. I don’t have anything really special to share today but I just felt the need to jot this down for some reason.

I've shared this a few times already on here, but flower days are one of my favorite days. I love the whole process of picking out flowers, cutting the stems and placing them in my favorite vases. My absolute favorite flower has always been the sunflower. Whenever I have them, I tend to move them around the house wherever there is the most sunlight since they thrive the most under direct sunlight. Hydrangeas are my second favorite but I have to admit that peonies are becoming a close second these days. The peonies pictured here were picked up at Whole Foods and I could not get over how gorgeous they were when they opened up. Anyway, as per usual, I took pictures of flowers around my house that made me happy so I’ll post those pictures here because I simply want to.

Flower days are cheerful days.
I walk into a room and see flowers and an immediate smile is on my face.
Oh the power flowers hold.

IMG_1372

IMG_1186 IMG_1196

Coffee and blooms ♥

IMG_1317

IMG_1229

Flower power, it all makes sense now.
I hope you’re all having a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. You know- I just started sharing my week. Initially I had made a list of 52 weekly "themes" and started to find it tedious. I figured I'll start jotting down highlights of my week instead. Everyday I write about the day before and what stood out. Sometimes it's interesting or amusing to share, sometimes it's not and I'll delete it... also, my memory is basically shot these days- if I don't do it that way I'll forget everything.

    I love having fresh flowers in the house too. Something about it, just lights up ones spirit. Peonies are beautiful. What's strange is I was driving home the other week and saw someone with a patch of sunflowers in their yard, and I instantly thought of you! I know your love of sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you've been doing. And completely agree! It's crazy how you forget important details as time goes on.




      Flowers really do light up the spirit. Certain flowers are blooming in my front yard right now and when I see them and get home I'm like, omgosh, look! And so happy, haha. The simple things :)



      Peonies are very beautiful .. always thought they were a bit overrated but I get it now, haha. Hahaha, isn't that funny how seeing something can make you think of a person?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same here, such a cheerful and happy flower! :)

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!