Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Coney Island & Dumbo, Brooklyn

IMG_1078

Ahhh, this was such a good day and I’m happy to relive it.
This was one of our first taste of warm weather this year and boy was I excited!

Earlier this year, Sean and I made a list of things we wanted to do this year which included places we wanted to visit and people we wanted to see/visit.

When Sean mentioned Coney Island I was a bit surprised because he had never mentioned it before. I hadn’t been to Coney Island in such a long time so I was game. We figured out a free Saturday and penciled Coney Island in.

The day ended up being so beautiful with the sky so clear and blue. We had such a good time and were even able to go to Dumbo, Brooklyn and enjoy the scenery as well. I would love to do this again next year so I just might be the one to pencil Coney Island in.

IMG_1072

IMG_1071 IMG_1075

IMG_1073

IMG_1076

IMG_1077

IMG_1081

IMG_1082

IMG_1093

IMG_1098 IMG_1099

IMG_1107

IMG_1104

IMG_1108 IMG_1109

IMG_1112

Afterwards, we drove to Dumbo, Brooklyn to walk around and take in the sights.
I'll never get enough of the Brooklyn Bridge.

IMG_1115

IMG_1117

IMG_1121

IMG_1122

IMG_1128

IMG_1138

IMG_1129 IMG_1130

IMG_1132

IMG_1134

IMG_1145 IMG_1141

IMG_1159

IMG_1161

IMG_1163

IMG_1164

IMG_1166

IMG_1168

I didn't want to leave but we had to be home in time to let the dogs out and feed them; you know the whole adulting thing. After we did that we went to Blu for dinner. We don’t come here often (maybe twice per year) and I’m not sure why considering we always, always love our experience. Our food was so good and being able to eat outside was just the cherry on top. If you ask me what is the main thing I am going to miss about summer, it is this. It is spending a day outside exploring different areas and then finishing off the day with dinner al fresco.

IMG_1169 IMG_1177

IMG_1172

IMG_1179

10 comments:

  1. I've never been to Coney Island! We were hoping to visit this year but somehow each summer seems to be going by quicker and quicker. You got such a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go even if just once! Yes, summer does seem to go quicker and quicker each year, ugh. Yes we did! Those blue skies could not be beat!

      Delete
  2. Remember when it wasn't called DUMBO? I went to Brooklyn Tech, was on the track team, so spent a significant amount of time jogging over the Brooklyn Bridge and getting to know Downtown Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do! I actually wanted to mention that in this post but then said who would care?! LOL.

      I didn't know you went to Brooklyn Tech! How awesome! Ahh, the views you must have enjoyed jogging over the Brooklyn Bridge.

      Delete
  3. So COLORFUL and fun! I really want to take a trip to New York someday. Im glad you both enjoyed yourself. your food looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is colorful, I love that! Yes, you have to and when you do let me know!! Thank you! And yes it was ... so, so good!

      Delete
  4. Perfection! No matter where we move to, we will always be CITY GIRLS! I live for your photographs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will always be CITY GIRLS! Forever and ever. Aww thank you! I live for your love :)

      Delete
  5. I live in BK and have been to Coney Island 4 times in the last 15 years of residing here. :( 2 of those times is when I ran the Brooklyn Half and it ends in Coney Island, another time is I went bike riding and ended up on the boardwalk, the last time was last summer at an Old School hip hop concert. I haven't been on a ride there in years or in the water.
    When I go to the beach I usually go to Riis. I gotta do better! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that it is easier to not take advantage of certain things when you live right there. However, the times you did go sound epic! I don't do rides, lol ... but Sean loves them! You told me that Riis beach is awesome so at least you're enjoying the beach while residing in the city. Another easy thing not to do when you live in the city.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!