Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Amazon's Family Day

IMG_2229

Sean has worked in many Amazon buildings since 2013 but this was the first building that held a family day like this one. It was such an enjoyable day that their building has decided that they’ll host a family day yearly. This family day was intended to thank the employees for a successful prime day outcome.

Amazon went all out. There was lots of food, lots of games, two DJs and tons of prizes to be won. There was a cotton candy station and caricature artist stations which as you can imagine were major hits.

Sean and a few of his co-workers volunteered to work the water dunking station. I’m not even sure that’s what it’s called but I have a feeling you know what it is. It was hilarious and at times Sean would be smug and then a person would throw the ball right at the target and in Sean would go. The expressions on his face were hilarious and I could not help but laugh and hope that he would be dunked each time.

I initially wasn’t going to blog this but Sean asked me to blog it ... and well, he rarely does that so here we go.

IMG_2204

IMG_2199

Setting up before all the employees arrived.

IMG_2192

IMG_2208

IMG_2198 IMG_2212

IMG_2216

IMG_2220 IMG_2218

IMG_2236

IMG_2223 IMG_2225

IMG_2237

IMG_2226 IMG_2227

IMG_2282

IMG_2233 IMG_2240

IMG_2239

IMG_2242

IMG_2243

IMG_2246

IMG_2249 IMG_2250

IMG_2258 IMG_2257 IMG_2260

IMG_2267

IMG_2268

Employees lined up to get Sean in that water.

IMG_2296 IMG_2298

The guy below was really, really good.
He rarely missed the target.

IMG_2292

IMG_2305 IMG_2300

IMG_2287

IMG_2290

IMG_2317

IMG_2325

There was lots of dancing.

IMG_2329

IMG_2334

IMG_2342 IMG_2347 IMG_2348

IMG_2350 IMG_2356

And this game where you had to get the hula hoop over each person's body without touching it with your hands.
It was hilarious.

IMG_2359

IMG_2365

After all the games, dancing and eating the general manager gathered everyone to thank them all for a successful prime day. A raffle was held after his speech and some amazing prices were won.

IMG_2375

IMG_2374 IMG_2378

IMG_2377

And you all know I couldn't leave without some cotton candy!

IMG_2395 IMG_2396

Happy Tuesday. Wishing you all a wonderful week! ♥

9 comments:

  1. lovely.... noted some activities to suggest to my organization

    looked like an overall fun day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun day. And that's awesome to read. I didn't really think that this post would be useful but if you can offer one thing to your organization from the post, I feel like it was worth it to share :) Hope you're having a great week so far!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when companies do things like this for their employees. It goes such a long way and makes you feel better and appreciate where you work. Haha I love that Sean was a good sport and got in the dunk tank. I don't know if that's something I would have done. It looks like it was a great time for everyone. You can't pass on some yummy cotton candy! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when companies do things like this for their employees too! Everyone was in good spirits and it just does something for morale as well!

      Haha, tell me about it! He was definitely a good sport but I wouldn't have done it either, lol. It was hilarious to watch though.

      Cotton candy is one of the things I still enjoy as an adult, lol.

      Delete
  4. I love that Amazon does things like this for their employees. I bet it really helps boost the morale. Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Your hubby is such a good sport for doing the dunk tank. Thank you for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is so great for morale. Everyone was smiling and having the best time! Haha, he really is a good sport :) Thank you for reading it!

      Delete
  5. For goodness sakes! I KNOW that I read this post, must've been one of those things where I told myself I would comment later, and than spaced it off. Your husbands company picnic looked like such a great time. I think our group at work maybe had ONE company picnic in the 6 years I've worked there, and it was disaster. Everything at the Amazon event looked like such a wonderful time, especially the dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that made me laugh. It happens so often. I've done it a few times to you myself!

      It was such a great time. They know how to throw a company family day! We have a picnic and a Christmas party each year at my job and they do a good job. They don't go all out like Amazon that's for sure.

      I loved how everyone got in on the dancing. No one acted too cool or too good for it which was so nice :)

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!