Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2020

No spend, no drink January

IMG_2619

Happy New Year all! To start the new year off with a bang, Sean and I are doing a no spend, no drink January. We believe it will be the best way to detox after an indulgent and expensive December. We of course will buy the necessities (grocery shopping, unexpected expenses that may come up, birthday gift for our niece) but wants will not be entertained.

During this month, I intend to use gift cards that we got for Christmas for maybe a dinner out one night, cook and eat our meals at home, have movie and date nights at home, binge Netflix, exercise, cuddle up next to the fireplace (a favorite in winter), read a few books that I neglected last year and just hibernate. It all sounds really lovely to me after a busy holiday season.

Anyone else doing something similar? If yes, please share as I’ll love to know what you’re doing to slow down this month.

P.S. 10 years ago today I started this blog. I love that I am still blogging after all this time.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you're still blogging after all this time too! I'm wishing I had kept all my old posts from when Dominic was a baby. Oh well :) We all know how I do. Happy blog-a-versary.

    Sounds like a good goal for January. I hadn't really thought about it, but honestly, I should. I've been spending money left and right since November (Dom's birthday). You'll have to do a recap in February with how this month goes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It would have been great to be able to look back at all those posts! I like that you haven't deleted your blog in a while :)

      So far, so good! I'm loving not spending unnecessarily right now.

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary!
    We'll participate in our church's annual fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's the best way to begin the year.

      Delete
  3. First off happy 10 years of blogging! That is such a great accomplishment. I love this idea to start the new year off. We are also doing something somewhat similar with using our gift cards and enjoying a lot more low key things at home or the experience gifts that people bought us. Our church is also doing a Daniel fast that we're thinking of joining. I also feel like January is the perfect month to cozy up and nestle in at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Can't believe it has been that long.

      I love that you're also doing something similar and easing into January as well. It really is the perfect month to cozy up and nestle in at home. I use to really hate winter but as I get older I realize that it is the perfect reminder to slow down a bit. It basically forces you to do so.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Thank you for 10 years of letting us into your world. I started reading from your wedding and Im super glad you are still blogging too because i love reading from you and I always look forward to your blog posts...
    Loving your January goals. HAPPY BLOGVERSARY & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU & SEAN...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I cannot believe that you've been reading since my wedding, that is incredible to me! Thank you for sticking around :) Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. I haven't planned it, but I haven't spent any money. I think I had one light beer so far in January, so I'm on track for way less consumption than November/December (and who am i kidding October too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did it in 2018 and for some reason it really made a difference in how 2018 went overall. We didn't in 2019 and well let's just say that we now know that we have to start off the year strong after the holidays. I hear ya. It's like come October there's no control with spending and drinking!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!