Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Family time will always be my favorite time ...

Sean knows that I've been a little down in the dumps so when he found out that he was having a rugby game in the city instead of asking me to go along he asked if I wanted to go see my sister, niece and brother in law. He knows that there is nothing that puts a greater smile on my face than to be surrounded by my family so I contacted my sister to see if she'll be free that weekend and she was! I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I got her response saying she couldn't wait to see me.

It was exactly what my heart needed. My sister, Emma, is such an inspiration. She is so honest and it sometimes gets her in trouble but man, does she know how to be there for you. She is the best big sister that I could ever asked for and I just appreciated the encouragement and love she gave me over the weekend.

And of course my niece who is the most adorable person on this planet. OK, all my nieces and nephews are the most adorable people on this planet but for the purpose of this post, she is the most adorable person on the planet ;). I just felt so at home to be able to see her smile, play with her, hold her, hear her laugh and I feel so proud that I get to be her aunt. She is so loving, so smart and my heart swells with an enormous amount of love for her.

And while I'm discussing family I want to say something about Sean too. I really, really don't know what I would do without him. I can see how hard it is for him to see me down in the dumps. And of course he blames himself because while he is advancing in his career and doing amazing things he sees me struggling. I know he wishes he could do more so last week he took it upon himself to redo my resume. It took him over two hours and when he was done I just felt so much relief. Not because I think this new resume is going to get me my dream job tomorrow but because of the support I get from him. I'm not the easiest person to be around when I'm all in my feelings but he has been so understanding, positive and supportive. If there is one thing that I have learned from this experience is that I have the best person to go through life with. I just hope that one day (soon) I'll be able to properly thank him and pull my weight. Tired of eating on his dime, ha! ;)

Moving on, I don't get to see my niece everyday so I took pictures of what her everyday consist of. I truly enjoy watching my brother and sister be parents. They are beyond amazing and I hope that one day Sean and I will be just as great of parents!

My niece being read stories before bed.

IMG_3221IMG_3231
IMG_3235
IMG_3259IMG_3263
IMG_3288
Daddy let mommy sleep in while he took care of breakfast.

IMG_3297IMG_3300
IMG_3321
After breakfast some playtime with Daddy.

IMG_3363
And then she was off to her books. She loves, loves, loves to read!

IMG_3408
And the best time of all is family time.

IMG_3577IMG_3585
IMG_3593IMG_3594
IMG_3606
IMG_3612IMG_3611
IMG_3621IMG_3627
IMG_3639
IMG_3635
IMG_3632
This is why family time will always be my favorite time.

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful coverage of your family as usual. You are truly Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is beautiful. And I feel like we are going through very similar situations right now. I'm also going through a transition, and while I would love to get a huge wholesale account tomorrow that would pay the bills, the reality is, that's not reality. My husband is doing very well (praise the lord), but I can't wait for the day that I can actually help "pull my weight" around here. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of gal; leopard jammies and books. You're so right! She is the most adorable(st) person on the planet (let's go with for the sake of this blog post).

    Sean is such a sweetie. You're blessed to have a man as super supportive as he is and I'm so happy that you know it and you took the time out to highlight this. If I had to give a "Best Husband of the Year award" it would definitely be to him and hey, it ain't even April yet!

    Beautiful photos & beautiful family.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your niece? So precious! I wish you would stop being so hard on yourself friend, you are such a beautiful person and I sincerely hope you get through these hard times. I have no doubt that you'll come out on top! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you got a chance to spend time with your family, that's the best gift ever! Life. Transitions, I swear that don't warn us about this growing up! I won't say anything cliche because I know exactly how you are feeling, but I do pray for you often & hopefully sooner than later those prayers will be answered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ladies look like twins, such great resemblance. Your niece is so cute & adorable.

    Sean is so supportive of your needs, Mr amazing he is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your niece is adorable! You got some sweet pictures of their little family :) It's always nice to hang out with your relatives for sure, especially when there is such a little one around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith I'm so sorry things are still not working out job wise...keep the faith! Sounds like you're surrounded by positivity, I have a feeling good things are gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics. The word adorable doesn't do your niece justice. She's just so beautiful! So glad you got to see your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank heavens for family. Glad you were able to get away get your mind off the job hunting stress.

    Hope something worth the wait pops up soon. Hang in there.

    And goodness me, what a gorgeous lil lady! That is one heart melting smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful family!!! Such sweet pictures. I know that visit was so good for your soul. And sean is so sweet. What a good husband.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you got to see your sister. Being with family is so comforting during rough times. Hugs to you! P.S. I won the Kindle Paperwhite giveaway you featured on your blog, so thanks a million for that! I am so excited to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you got to hang out with family. It's my favorite thing to do too! I am also a VERY proud auntie and I love getting to sing to my neice and watch her learn little things like babble-talk and blowing bubbles! Sean is a sweetheart. My hubby was the same way when I was looking for work for about 2 years. Hang in there girl- Ps. 84:11... Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy you were able to get away, if only for the mental break, plus nothing lifts you up like family (and an adorable baby girl). I LOVEDDD the picture where she is cheesing extra hard with her parents. I also love your bright pink lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaawww... your niece is adorable. I'm so glad you were able to get your mind off of things and spend time with your sister. Points for hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww...this made me happy! I love that Sean thought it'd be a good idea for you to visit with your sister. Visiting family always makes me feel invigorated.
    You certainly picked the right person to go on this journey of life with. He is awesome in my book!
    Your niece is just too cute!!!

    Glad you got to spend some time with her.

    Hubby is also the same way when it comes to putting a smile on my face. I know and see him suffering when I am suffering so I try to smile through it to unburden him but I know he knows what's up.
    We both lucked out int he hubby department! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is nothing better than family time!!
    And, oh my gosh, your niece is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love family time too! :) And your niece is GORGEOUS! Her hair is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful family you have, may God continue to bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so right Faith you do have some awesome nieces and nephews. I love seeing your pictures this weekend on IG. You and your sister look just a like.


    I love that Sean supports you…there's no better feeling than knowing you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed all the photos. Your so right, nothing can beat family time. It's so wonderful that you have a partner who can recognize when your struggling and come up with ways to lift your spirits!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are lucky to have so much love around you.
    you all look beautiful.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous family shots! I miss my family like crazy some days... wish I could see them much more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a handsome couple! You and your sis are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This post is all sort of beautiful and happy and full of amazing pics of your family. Such a beautiful family.

    I have to agree with you, family time is the best and definitely my favorite too

    ReplyDelete
  26. this post is just filled with adorableness. love!

    ReplyDelete
  27. There's your beautiful smile! Looks like you all had wonderful time, family time really is the best time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous pictures. Family time is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful family you have, and there is nothing better than being able to spend quality time with them, BTW your niece is so precious!:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love reading about your time with your family. Such beautiful captures, I love all of them but the two of your sister and her husband... priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. You and your sister look SO much alike! Beautiful ladies!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!