Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

{Recipe} Crockpot Chicken Korma

IMG_2844
I enjoy Indian food a whole bunch but I've never attempted making it on my own. I decided one day to google a recipe but one requirement was that it needed to be a recipe that I could cook in the crockpot. The crockpot just makes everything easier and I figured less errors on my part.

I came across this recipe for chicken korma. Guys, this is so, so delicious and incredibly easy to throw together! Everything in this recipe taste absolutely perfect together and if you enjoy Indian food I think you'll love this one too. I'll be making this again very, very soon!

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut in chunks (about 3 small thighs)
(I used chicken breasts & shredded it)

1 large potato, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch chunks

1 large onion, coarsely chopped

1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes and juice

1 garlic clove, minced

1 teaspoon curry powder

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt

1 cinnamon stick

1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (to add later)

cooked white or brown long grain rice for serving

Directions:

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom of your pot. Add potato and onion. Pour in the tomatoes, and add garlic and all spices. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3 to 4. Discard the cinnamon stick, and stir in the sour cream or yogurt. Serve over rice.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. This sounds SO good, but I'm sure it's way out of Scott's food comfort zone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally making this! I love Indian food and hubby still be glad he didn't have to spend a pretty penny on it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another yummy looking dish. Ive never tried this dish beforebut im intrigued!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. You used a chicken breast and then shredded it after cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming across crockpot recipes :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from the Caribbean, we love nothing but spicy food so we love dining at Indian restaurant. + this dish look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, i think even my kids would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Indian food, too, and went to a couple cooking classes last week and yesterday. I can't wait to try making some of the recipes at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to attempt this at the weekend! Looks delicious!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had Indian food before! I have a whole box of rice that has been just sitting in the cabinet for a few months, guess I should try this out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nom!!! those flavors sound so delish! i wonder how it would be with shrimp? i gave up meat for lent :-/

    ReplyDelete
  12. adding this to my list of foods to make when I can eat chicken again! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!