Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year.

IMG_5640
2014 was a bit of a rollercoaster year for me and because of that many things that interest me lost their appeal.
I hope that makes sense.

For instance, I love finding new recipes to make and I made it a priority to try a new one at least once a week.
I found myself sticking to only making meals that I knew and my search for new recipes halted.

I love to take pictures (a million at a time if I could) and that went downhill.

My blog took a hit, not only did I not have a desire to blog, I really had no desire to read your posts. This one surprised me because I love reading about other's lives. I think it's the nosey part of being a human. But nope, I didn't need to know what you ate, cooked, traveled to, wore, etc.

It is not that I didn't care, I believe with everything going on in my head I just did not have space for extras.

I want that to change in 2015. I want to get excited about the things that once got me excited. I actually need to.

So I'm going to try very, very hard to get out of this space I'm in. This space of not wanting to make time for things I enjoy doing.

I do regret that 2014 was not well documented on my blog. I'm the type of blogger who likes to read their older posts. I like to see what I was doing at a certain time, age, etc. It is not easy to remember every detail but this blog has allowed it to be so easy to say, OMG, yes! I remember feeling that, wearing that, eating that, etc. It is nice to go down memory lane but I believe this year I didn't really want to remember so I think that I purposely avoided documenting this year as well as I've done past years.

I've decided that to bring my love for my blog back, I have to start somewhere. I'll blog about anything that comes to mind when I sit down at the chair to write. I won't have a theme or even a purpose. I'm just wanting to get my love back and then when I'm in the groove of things ... I'll just have to get there.

While we're on the subject of blogging, yesterday marked my fifth year of blogging. It's amazing to me that I've shared my life online for the last 5 years. Pleasant and not so pleasant memories have been documented on this blog and I hope that I'll continue to do it for many years to come.

Happy New Year and thank you for lending your ears (or should I say eyes?) all these years! xoxo ♥

29 comments:

  1. Welcome back Faith! I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 5 years of blogging! Have an awesome 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Faith. You've definitely been missed, but I'm glad to see you're back... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well knowing you on a more personal level- I don't blame you for feeling how you felt in 2014. I'm surprised you updated as much as you had to be perfectly honest.

    I hope this year is better for you. I'm excited to see you blog more again. Happy 5th anniversary in the blog world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Faith! Have a great blogging year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually, I'm a lurker who enjoys reading about your adventures, food, and family. However, I've missed your blogging so much I was drawn out of my lurking to say, WELCOME BACK!! You were missed. And, Happy New Year! I can't wait for your stream of conscience blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Back! Cheers to a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! You've been missed! Paying for a wonderful/miraculous 2015 for you and Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally feel you on the blogging thing. I'm sure I've said it before but sometimes the desire just disappears for a while. I think it's good you didn't force it though as this is fun and it's not a job. Hope that 2015 pushes you to get back to doing the things that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back. I hope you find your love for sharing again through this blog, everything else will come naturally. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about looking back...I love that about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get excited about things again. I pray that you get your fire back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a much happier year Faith and Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year hun!

    Sometimes a break is more than needed and how your 2014 was set up, you really needed it. I'm looking forward to reading your posts in 2015. I hope that this year is much better to us and if it isn't, we'll make the best of it anyway.

    Happy 5th Blogiversary!


    xoxo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 2015! I also lost some of my desire to keep up my personal blog during 2014, but I'm hoping to keep it going with at least one post a week this year. Happy blog-iversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year! And I can totally relate to what you're going through - you are not alone :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay, welcome back faith!
    and happy new year!
    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think we all go through bouts with blogging. I want to shut it all down somedays - and others I cannot get over how much I love this community. You'll find a balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can totally understand those feelings. I am looking forward to 2015 as a fresh start too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its good to have you back. We totally understand that need for a hiatus sometimes. Cheers to an awesome 2015 ahead

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you love and light and a happier and more peaceful year! Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know what you mean about 2014...I hope that 2015 is so awesome for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i totally fell off blogging this year. its so bad. but i really want to get back onto it. i missed reading about your life. no matter what i came back to your blog to check it out even for just a few moments. im excited to get back into it again. also i cant wait to see more on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel like we are in the same blogging rut. I hope that despite the lack of enthusiasm for the blogworld that you have been doing well in the real world. You're such an amazing person that I see you bringing sunshine to every room you enter and every place you go!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope and pray that you are able to get back to being you. Life knocks us all around a little bit, and in that, it's sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things. You're on the right track now. You are making a choice to take your life BACK. Take your HAPPINESS back. Do the things you LOVE and Enjoy, and PRAY and BELIEVE in GOD for the things you can't change or control. In doing so, you'll gain PEACE.

    Many Blessings!

    Maya D.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back lady, I've missed you around here. I hope you come back but I totally understand.

    I enjoy reading your posts so much I might have checked your blog everyday for a new post the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!