Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Meal prepping Sundays

IMG_2664
As I've noted in a few posts, on Sundays, I prep all of our meals for the incoming week. I've been doing this for a few years now and it is one of the best decisions I've made. Not only does it save time during the week but it also keeps me a bit more accountable about what I put into my body. I recall dreading coming home from a workout at the gym and a long day from work and then having to prepare a meal for dinner. Although some nights I would just forego the whole preparing of dinner and announce that cereal and milk was dinner that night. But honestly, there's only so many nights that one can rely on cereal and milk for real sustenance.

I plan out our weekly meals months in advance. I'm actually embarrassed to admit this but I have our meals planned out for the next 26 weeks, if more. I do switch up meals if Sean has a request for a particular meal that he is in the mood for that week. Basically, our meals aren't set in stone until I go grocery shopping which is every Tuesday.

I must say that Pinterest has been great in making meal prepping a much simpler process. It also has been an amazing source for me since I enjoy trying out new recipes at least once to twice per month.

IMG_2689

IMG_2703 IMG_2712

IMG_2713
IMG_2720
IMG_2732
IMG_2742

IMG_2748 IMG_2753
IMG_2755 IMG_2754

What about you? Do you meal prep? If not, would you consider?

6 comments:

  1. I love that you do this and need to get on board with getting better at meal planning. I try to have an idea of our weekly meals but I definitely don't take it to the next step like I should. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are actually implementing meal planning this week. We're trying to be a bit more frugal and financially responsible and I'm embarrassed to say how much we spend on eating out. My work lunches can easily total $16 a day. And while I don't think I could ever plan 26 weeks in advance (Kudos to you girl, you really deserve a medal for this), we're taking things week by week for now with the hopes of being able to plan on a biweekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't meal prep in advance but I definitely know what you mean about some nights when it's hard to collect enough energy to make dinner! We have a small fridge/freezer and minimal storage space in the kitchen so I tend to simply not have enough room to prepare much in advance, but I do meal plan for the week when making my grocery list, and I try to pre-chop veggies or start thawing meat in the mornings before the day begins to make my evenings easier (I'm a total morning person, so that part comes easy!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I don't meal prep, but YES I need to. Mostly so I stop spending so much money and also to hopefully looks weight. I think you should send me copies of your 26-week meal ideas ;) I'll just follow your plan. Your pictures are gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow! I'm inspired. Please show us your plan! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. That is dedication! I wish I could do that. I cook our weekly lunches on Sunday after church with some leftovers for dinner but that's about it and even that feels stressful for me cause I do all the cooking.
    Major kudos!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!