Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Wakanda Forever!

Over the weekend, I finally got a chance to watch Black Panther with Sean. Wow, wow, WOW!
The visuals were impeccable and the movie was done exceptionally well.

IMG_3148 IMG_3166

Growing up, it was not often that I saw black women represented by society in such empowering roles; which is why I'm a strong supporter of the representation matters movement. Usually movies portrayed black women as the angry black woman. God forbid, that a black woman be strong and have an opinion without being called angry. This was not the case with Black Panther as every woman in this movie was strong, intelligent and not afraid to share her valuable opinion. I left the theatre feeling empowered and so proud.

If you haven’t seen it, run to your nearest theatre! As for me, I intend to watch it again and again.
Take all my money, Black Panther, take all my money.

Sean is not into Marvel movies at all but he said that he wanted to watch history be made. And history was made because this is the first movie in eleven years that Sean did not fall asleep to while watching. That’s a huge deal! I mean, have I ever shared that our first date was to a movie and Sean slept through it? It’s a bit of a surprise that I agreed to a second date with him, haha.

Anyway, all of that to say, Wakanda Forever! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Yasss !!! You looked amazing. I'm glad Sean stayed awake for the whole thing. The guy sitting next to Eric was dressed to the nines (fur coat with gold chains... he looked like a pimp) and he fell asleep through it. LIKE UGH! WAKE UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. So, so good. It was such a turning of the tables in terms of typical casting for a movie of this magnitude and I loved it. We need more of this. I can't wait for the next one, because I know there will be another one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!