Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

San Francisco: Oakland, Grizzly Peak, Redwood Regional Park & more

IMG_3979

On our last day in California we took the short drive to Oakland to meet up with an old blog friend, Kirsten. Although, she no longer blogs we still follow each other on Instagram and have been able to continue a friendship that was built through our blogs.

Before meeting up, Sean and I drove to Grizzly Peak to get the entire view of San Francisco. Unfortunately, my pictures do it no justice and I was unable to capture how incredible the view really was. The Lord knows I really tried.

IMG_3920

IMG_3929 IMG_3939

IMG_3928
IMG_3944

After that we drove to Homeroom where we were meeting Kirsten for lunch. The restaurant sells so many different kinds of mac and cheese but unfortunately Sean and I were not impressed with our meals. I’ve just had so much good mac and cheese in my life so this just did not compare. Our drinks were great though! It was awesome that Kirsten felt like an old friend that I had not seen in a long while. We were never short on something to talk about and it all just felt so easy and natural. It is still so amazing to me how social media has been able to connect people who never would have met otherwise.

Kirsten brought her dog and it was so nice to finally meet him in person. He is a pretty big deal on Instagram, so I was you know, meeting a famous dog, haha. He is adorable and so, so sweet and needs to teach my dogs a thing or two on how to pose.

IMG_3950

IMG_3954 IMG_3952

IMG_3972

IMG_3962 IMG_3957

IMG_3970

After we ate, we drove to Redwood Regional Park and it was amazing. The trees were just so tall (obviously) and incredibly beautiful. I’ve always loved trees for some reason and well, I was completely in eye candy land. I could have stayed here all day just walking around but we couldn’t since Sean does not have time for that ;). Afterwards, Kirsten told us that if we wanted to see another great view of San Francisco she had a place to take us. And she was right, it was a fantastic view but for some reason I did not take as many shots as I think I should have. When we were driving Kirsten back to her apartment we drove passed Lake Merritt which was also pretty neat to see. But to be honest, it wasn't something I thought we needed to get out of the car for.

IMG_3975 IMG_3996

IMG_3976

IMG_3983 IMG_3990

IMG_3987

IMG_3991

IMG_3989

IMG_3993
IMG_3998
IMG_4000

IMG_4009 IMG_4003

IMG_4006

IMG_3986 IMG_4016

IMG_4024
IMG_4022

We had tons of suggestions to get ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery so after we dropped off Kirsten we got ice cream. It was good but being the ice cream lover I am, I've had some really great ice cream. Again, it was good but not the best I’ve ever had.

thumbnail_IMG_5902

On our last night, we walked around Fisherman’s Wharf and decided to have an early dinner at Chowder Hut. We sat next to this gentleman at the bar and began talking. Come to find out he went to the same college as Sean and me, roughly twenty years earlier! We ended up reminiscing for our entire dinner, talking about our college and whether this or that was still there or not, etc. It was completely the best way to end such an epic trip and a reminder that it really is a small world.

thumbnail_IMG_5917

San Francisco completely stole a piece of my heart and I cannot wait to go back. I hope you enjoyed the recap but this post concludes San Francisco. I hope you all have wonderful (weather is suppose to be pretty nice) weekends!
And as always, thanks for reading! ♥

5 comments:

  1. I love that you met up with one of your blogging friends!! Those views look so pretty and all of this yummy food has my drooling! My yogurt and orange this morning definitely didn't cut it for me haha. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your recap. Kristen's dog is pretty and I'm not a dog lover, at all.
    But I love how your trip ended - like it was a sign from God, that he's in everything. No coincidences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those trees are magnificent. I definitely want to visit that park. And how cool to happen to end up next to a guy that went to sean's college. Such a random coincidence. It is a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was such a funv trip. What was wrong with the ice cream? Those were huge scoops. Looked yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO JEALOUSSSSSS - why haven't we met yet? I need to travel.

    The park looks beautiful. I feel that way every time I take photos of an amazing sunset- the camera never captures it - how I see it.

    Despite the lame mac & cheese the restaurant looks cool. I'm diggin the color palette.

    PS: Kirsten's dog is very adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!