Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Good food & good music

IMG_4381

I don’t think there are many more things that are better than good food & good music. I truly believe that food & music can often play a role in putting someone in a great mood or a foul mood. For instance, I know that when I hear a song that I use to listen to when I was a kid, it just brings me back to that exact moment and often times I can’t help but get the silliest grin on my face.

Anyway, this brunch date with Cinthia on an extremely cold, spring day (not bitter) did just that. It transported me back to New Orleans where I was stuffing my piehole with delicious foods while listening to live jazz music. And what a great time we had!

IMG_4389

IMG_4377

IMG_4383

IMG_4394 IMG_4396

IMG_4386

IMG_4392

Live jazz, bottomless mimosas, the cheesiest mac and cheese, lightly toasted cornbread, fried green tomatoes, NOLA shrimp and warm beignets. We felt like we ordered it all but truthfully, we hardly touched the surface of the menu. This wasn’t our first time at The Bayou but it was just as enjoyable as the first time. I feel like we were seated at the perfect spot (small high table by the window) and were just able to talk for hours (which we did) and felt no need to rush. The service was also so great and I seriously can’t wait to go back. But yes, good food and good music … it just does something good for the soul. And when you can add a good friend to the mix … I mean, what more does one person need? I hope you all had wonderful weekends and happy Tuesday, y’all!!

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree that food and music can impact your mood. Oh my goodness, you are killing me with these pictures. I want to eat it all!! This looks so good and like it was such a great time. Having great services also makes a huge difference! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Sounds perfect! I love live music. I also love Mac and Cheese, but I think you already know that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all Äľooks good. Good food and music are a great combination.

    Bottomless mamosas? Perfection. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% there is NOTHING better than good food and music (at the same time). I love 90s music - hiphop, R&B, pop, or alternative. Eric and I like to jam out A LOT. We're nostalgic folks.

    Cinthia! How is she liking her new job? I was a little sad when you told me she changed jobs- but I'm glad you two remain close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beignets (and everything else) look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beignets are my favorite. I could eat them every day if it was acceptable! Thank you :)

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!