Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Sweet, sweet summer time

IMG_3667

I was not always a fan of summer. In fact, it was my least favorite season but as I’ve gotten older I have come to appreciate the summer. The warmth no longer makes my skin crawl & I really appreciate the longer days. Looking at the calendar & seeing that July is nearly over makes me wish for a little more time to enjoy this season. If only adults could get the summers off. If I knew what I know now I think I would have been a teacher because how amazing would it be to have the summers off right now.

I’m trying to savor as much of what we have left of the summer. And I know that we still have a good two months left of summer but it’s also knowing just how quickly the time moves that has me craving summer before it is even gone. What is summer to me?

Al fresco dining
BBQs with friends and family
Longer days and nights
The most glorious golden hours
Beach time
An abundance of ice cream
Light clothing
Blue skies
Fresher fruits and vegetables
Outdoor festivals
Traveling
Evening walks

What is summer to you?

8 comments:

  1. I love the brilliant sunshine, warm weather, green grass, green trees, beautiful flowers, butterflies, blue skies, sitting outside in the warmth and summer clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, all the greenery! And beautiful flowers ... how could I have missed those?! :)

      Delete
  2. I say the same thing!! I don't actually know that I would have the patience to teach kids lol, but an administrative job would not have been a bad idea. Ugh, I need summers off and need to find a way to make that happen. Summer is our favorite and we can't get enough of it! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Surprisingly, I'm actually very patient (at least I've been told) so I think I would have loved teaching kids. When you find a way please share because I need to know too, haha.

      Delete
  3. basking in the sun, barbeques, a carefree spirit, travel, vacation, linen outfits, white linen. This is summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, linen outfits! Linen just breathes so well! And basking in the sun is just one of life's simple pleasures!

      Delete
  4. I, like you, value the ability to bask in admiration for God's creations... you have more time to be in awe! Also, the extended hours to spend with loved ones is something I truly treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Summer makes it easier to enjoy God's creation, etc. In the wintertime most of us aren't basking in admiration of nature, haha.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!