Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Paris: Sienne River Cruise & Eiffel Tower

IMG_6893

The following day we had a late start as we had a little too much fun the night before. By the time we were ready to begin the day it was lunch time so we went on the hunt for some lunch. We ended up at Au Petit Suisse and yum! I wanted to snag a seat outside (to have that full Paris experience) but all the seats were completely filled. We quickly learned that outside seating is prime real estate in Paris and that the early bird gets the worm. Beautiful weather equaled eating/drinking outside. I think I should also mention that Sean has never been one to enjoy eating outside. I know! Is he insane or what? If it were up to him we would always sit at the bar. But our trip to Paris completely changed him and for the first time he was the one requesting to eat outside. The thing is that it’s a completely different experience dining in Paris and I believe that it changes you, not exaggerating. We joked a lot on our trip about how our date nights at restaurants have a lot to live up to now. At night, we would do bar crawls and I would request (yes, me!) to be at the bar that way I could talk to as many locals and tourists as I possibly could.

IMG_6778

IMG_6768

IMG_6771 IMG_6773

IMG_6774

After lunch we walked around a bit but we didn’t have much time to explore as we needed to head
back to our hotel to get ready for our Sienne River Cruise and Eiffel Tower tour.

IMG_6780 IMG_6779

IMG_6781

IMG_6765

IMG_6760 IMG_6762

IMG_6764

We left our hotel a little earlier that way we could walk around before getting on the bus that was taking us to the boat.

IMG_6791 IMG_6803

IMG_6792

IMG_6797 IMG_6796

IMG_6795

IMG_6804 IMG_6807

IMG_6799

IMG_6801

It was such an incredible experience to be able to take a boat down the Sienne River. It truly was such a gorgeous sight to behold! I think that whenever we have a chance to do a boat ride, Sean and I always book one. It’s just such a great and fun way to take in the sights of whatever place you’re visiting, and you get tidbits of information that you may not have gotten otherwise.

IMG_6814

IMG_6815

IMG_6817

This view ♥

IMG_6811

IMG_6818 IMG_6819

IMG_6825

IMG_6826

IMG_6828

IMG_6829

IMG_6835 IMG_6841

IMG_6833

IMG_6837 IMG_6838

IMG_6843

IMG_6845

IMG_6847

IMG_6851 IMG_6855

IMG_6860

IMG_6858 IMG_6866

IMG_6867

IMG_6865

IMG_6862

After our cruise, we were on our way to the Eiffel Tower and man, what I felt can’t be explained. To see just how majestic it is in person. To realize that it truly is massive and not at all the size like the one in Las Vegas, haha. I think I took a picture of every which angle I could because I was finally, finally having a dream of mine come true. We went inside the tower and I was so excited to touch the steel and kept telling myself, you’re touching the Eiffel Tower. You’re TOUCHING the FREAKING EIFFEL TOWER. I never did get that infamous shot of me next to the Eiffel Tower or the opportunity to have lunch with a full view of the Eiffel Tower but that just means I have another excuse to go. I actually have a ton of excuses already noted on paper ;).

IMG_6870

IMG_6871 IMG_6885

IMG_6891

IMG_6896

Life made.

6 comments:

  1. I love this so much!! Paris is such an amazing place and I completely agree about the outdoor dining. We got to eat outside at a few places when we were there and there's just something about it. Your food shots are always so amazing and I love your perspective! If you don't mind me asking, what lens do you use for dining pics? I have a 24mm but not sure I'm in love with it. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It truly is! I can't wait to experience it again!

      Of course I don't mind :). I use a 24-70 mm lens from canon and absolutely love it as it is so versatile! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Oh how I loved all the outdoor dining in Paris. Better to be near all the pretty architecture and people watching. The cruise river cruise looks amazing. Such beautiful views...of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I! I want that lifestyle everyday, haha.

      Delete
  3. I'm not social enough to sit at the bar. I only do that when there is legit no other place to sit and I'm starving. I'm glad he took the time to enjoy sitting outside in Paris at least.

    Do you know French? (your comment about speaking to the locals).

    The Eiffel Tower looks amazing. I loved all your photos Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to feel that way but now I enjoy it a lot but mostly because of Sean. He loves to sit at the bar so we would compromise but now I really enjoy it and ask to sit at the bar whenever we can't sit outside.

      Well, not fluently but I learned the basics prior to going. I studied for a little over 3 months and it helped us so much! Sean was so impressed, lol.

      Thank you! It was so incredible in person.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!