Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

In an October state of mind

IMG_3649

Ahh, how I love thee October. The best month there is. I may be bias since it’s my birth month and all but I have a feeling that I would still love it like I do, even if I wasn’t born in October. The reason why I say that is because of all the people that also claim that October is their favorite month even though they were not born in October but I digress ...

This is just going to be a rambling post so I figured these pictures could be useful ;). I am liking the direction I am taking this blog lately. I just want it to be the way I first intended this blog to be; fun and easy going. No stress and to be used to document moments in life.

Life has been really good lately. Of course there have been moments of sadness and misery sprinkled in but overall it has been really good. I’ve actually been waiting for something to happen because it just feels like it can’t be this good right now. But I’m crossing fingers and toes because Lord knows I can’t handle sadness right now. I mean, I can handle it, I just really, really don’t want to.

IMG_3647 IMG_3654

We just had our last 90 degree day a few days ago and I’m not missing it. Right now we are in the low 70s and high 60s which basically means perfect weather. I just love this time of year.

The front porch is decorated for fall and so is the inside of our house. I’ll be sure to share some pictures when I get around to taking some pictures. It’s nothing Pinteresty but I still love it all the same.

I’ve been lighting all the candles lately as soon as I get home from work. I just love the scents of pumpkin and spice. I even want to bake some things just to really get in the spirit but I’m no baker and I don’t like pumpkin. They say that the taste buds change every 7 years so I'm just waiting for my taste buds to make their shift.

IMG_3668

I’ve been trying to refrain from shopping lately because I know I have more than enough but those emails just keep trying to get me to buy things. I’ve just been deleting the emails without even looking at them lately and I praise my self restraint. I haven’t yet switched out my closet to fall/winter attire but I’ll try to get to it shortly. I definitely want to go through my closet to donate and get rid of things that I’m not wearing so I’ll try to do that when I’m switching out my closet as well. I intend to use Marie Kondo's method and ask myself if an item brings me joy and if it doesn't, away with it! I’m kinda looking forward to seeing all my sweaters, boots and scarves again.

Oh yeah, Sean and I are handing out candy for Halloween for the first time ever this year! I know, I know. Such grumps! We started buying candy on our grocery shopping trip two weeks ago and intend to buy candy every week leading up to Halloween. We're pretty excited about it, haha. We have some fun wigs stored somewhere so we'll just pull them out to get in the spirit. Crossing all my fingers and toes that we get a lot of trick-or-treaters that way we are not eating candy everyday for the rest of our lives.

IMG_3655 IMG_3656

What else to discuss? Hmmm ... how are you all doing? How is life treating you? Have you decorated for fall? Do you intend to decorate for fall? Tell me something, anything.

I hope you all are well and had great weekends! Happy Tuesday! ♥

6 comments:

  1. I am so WITH you on October being the best month ever - Happy birthday month <3. October is the best, the weather is great, the colors are great, I like boots (you'll be happy to know I bought 3 more pair in different colors!). and it's just great.

    Moments of sadness and misery sprinkled... that's just life I think ? But you're right, MOST of it, is good and a blessing.

    I want to start decorating for each season, as you do. Makes your house looks so cozy and inviting.

    I need to go through my closet too, for me and the kids! Samuel jumps a size every 2 weeks it seems. By one years old he will be in a 5T I swear! grr. . LOL

    I hate passing out candy, but I like to let the kids partake- lol. I'm a grump too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, you know what's up, haha! I cannot believe you bought 3 boots and in different colors. Who are you?!

      That is life ... but it is good for most of it which is completely a blessing.

      Yes, do it! It seriously makes you feel so good when you're home seeing the little touches. Doesn't have to be anything crazy. Just adding a few things you love each season I think makes a world of difference.

      Ugh, I'm dreading going through my closet but know I have to do it. I'm thinking next weekend since I have no plans!

      Hahaha, who knows? After this one time it might be our last, hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Do you get emails from Mango? They have the most unique and eclectic fashions. I can see you in some of their things. Happy fall. Your hair is thriving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do, haha! I have several pieces from them and well, now you have me tempted to check out their website, lol.

      Happy Fall to you too! Aww, thank you. I can't believe how much it has grown although you can't really tell too much since it shrinks so much. I want to straighten it but then I always back out. I haven't straighten it since I went natural in 2010.

      Delete
  3. I love the approach that you are taking with your blog! October is such a great month and one of my favorites too! We did decorate for fall, and started a little earlier this year. We did it the first weekend of fall and I kind of love that it felt like we got a head start on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I do too! I've been looking forward to sharing again because I'm not taking it so seriously. Not everything has to be picture perfect or have to be extremely important to share. I just want this space to be fun for me and if I get to meet awesome people like yourself, I'm so happy about it :)

      We started early this year too; actually a couple days before fall, lol. I think it's how I'll like to do it from now on. It extends the best season of the year :)

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!