Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Our annual summer BBQ

IMG_2455

We threw our annual summer BBQ a couple of months ago. We've been throwing one ever since we got married but did skip last year because we were just so busy last summer. This year we made sure to set a date no matter what because we realized that we missed having our friends and family together at one time and place.

Due to certain circumstances several people could not make it, but can I let you in on a secret? It was perfect.

Let me explain.

Including Sean and myself, 20 people were in attendance and it was (in our opinion) our best BBQ yet! It was so much easier to be a better host because I could actually engage with our friends and family and not run around with my head cut off trying to ensure that everyone was comfortable and well fed.

We've decided that we want to have smaller BBQs from now on.
Funny how as I've aged I want things to be more intimate and small.

I took pictures of course, but it appears I was more interested in the kiddos. Who can blame me? They are far cuter. I say every year that I'd do better and take pictures of our friends and family (at least a group picture); but I think I have come to accept that for some reason I can never quite do it. And another thing, was I even there?! Ha.

The house all ready for our friends and family.

IMG_2420

IMG_2424 IMG_2425

Purple flowers were everywhere in honor of my mom :)
I always try to include her even though she is not here physically.

IMG_2426

I'm happy to report that a picture is in that frame now.
It took me a little while but I decided on this picture I took of the Eiffel Tower.

IMG_2433 IMG_2435

I love hosting and any opportunity to make a cheese platter.
Although, I've decided that I'll crowd up the platter in the future (vs. putting fruit, crackers in separate bowls) since I think it looks better that way.

IMG_2457

IMG_2460

IMG_2464

Colleen makes the most amazing bruschetta!

IMG_2562

IMG_2481

IMG_2497

Sean's mom is always, always scratching lottery tickets.
I hope she wins someday!

IMG_2483

IMG_2508

IMG_2509

My stunning sister! ♥

IMG_2524 IMG_2526

Water balloons, bubbles and sprinklers were all the kiddos needed to have a good time.
Happiness from the simple things is what life is really all about.

IMG_2479 IMG_2476 IMG_2477

IMG_2519 IMG_2521

IMG_2493

IMG_2495

IMG_2515 IMG_2504

IMG_2535

And somehow they made it to our bedroom to watch cartoons ... damp and all.
But it was OK just to see those happy smiles.

IMG_2552

IMG_2560

I hope that you're all having a wonderful week! ♥

5 comments:

  1. 20 people still sounds like a lot LOL! I never have people over though, but with only 744 sq ft on the main level, there isn't really anywhere to GO..

    Your house makes me so happy, it's so BRIGHT and you are an impecable decorator. For whatever reason, no matter how hard I try, my home never looks put together.

    "Purple flowers were everywhere in honor of my mom :)
    I always try to include her even though she is not here physically." <--- I love this.

    LOL @ damp and all, laying on your bed. Sounds about right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so true but considering the number we've had the last few years it was so much doable. You can have cozy dinner nights with friends! Invite a few friends over and ask them to make their favorite dish for a potluck dinner. Simple, fun and something to look forward to especially as it gets colder.

      Awww, thank you so much. I'm not sure about the impeccable decorator part but I'll take it :) You might think your home never looks put together but I'm sure that's not true!

      It's amazing how the color purple brings comfort these days. If I see it especially in random spots I always feel better.

      Delete
  2. You are such a great hostess! We're planning a dinner party for my daughter's college graduation and you've given me some great ideas. I love that you mentioned having purple flowers in remembrance of your beautiful mother. From now on, whenever I see a purple flower I will think of her. My mom loved shamrock plants. I have them all over my house and recently gave my daughter a cutting so she would have the plant to honor her grandmother too. Faith, I really enjoy your blog. Your love for your family and friends shines through in your posts. Take care, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love hosting dinner parties so much. I'm actually thinking of doing a Friendsgiving this year or a wine tasting night.

      That made me smile, thank you. Shamrock plants always make me smile. Now every time I see them, I'll think of your mom! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!