Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2020

RECIPE TO TRY: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

IMG_6023

So, since I posted the cinnamon swirl loaf recipe I’ve baked chocolate chip cookies from scratch (three times!) and made two loaves of zucchini bread. I haven’t baked bread yet but it’s on the list as well as a decadent chocolate cake. It’s funny how I look forward to baking these days and I have a feeling that this is something that I’ll continue to enjoy once life resumes to “normal’.

I came across this chocolate chip cookie recipe on Kat’s blog and although I haven’t tried every chocolate chip cookie recipe this one is pretty darn good. So if she’s claiming it’s the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, then I’ll just nod my head and agree. I find the recipe to be easy and straightforward so you can’t mess up especially since I was that person who had never made chocolate chip cookies from scratch before. The only tip I would add if you’re a beginner baker (like me) is that when you take the cookies out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes and then transfer it to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes. They are incredible! Warm, gooey and chewy, just the way I love a chocolate chip cookie to be. The day after I made the cookies I put one in the microwave for about 10 seconds and they were as if they had just come out of the oven. I’m sure I’ll be baking them again this weekend. I did halve the recipe like she recommended since it's only Sean and me eating the cookies and because self-control, what's that?

BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE

1 cup unsalted butter softened (2 sticks)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (dark or light doesn’t make a difference)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg one by one, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and add to the batter. Stir in the salt, flour, and chocolate chips. Scoop spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

IMG_6008

IMG_6028

I hope you are well and that you have a wonderful weekend! ♥

2 comments:

  1. YUMMM I *might* make these, Dom would probably enjoy it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will def. enjoy them! I've had a lot of people tell me they tried it and that it is so good!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!