Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Sean's 40th birthday celebration

IMG_0021

Getting older is a privilege that not everyone is fortunate enough to experience.
Hence, every birthday is a blessing and every year we grow older should be celebrated.

As I shared a few days ago, Sean turned 40 on the 14th. We have a mini trip planned to celebrate his 40th for the end of this month (that's the real party, haha) but he wanted to also be able to celebrate him reaching this milestone surrounded by friends and family. He requested a low-key and chill gathering for his 40th birthday.

We had already made plans to be in Upstate NY with Sean’s best friend (Luke) the weekend before his birthday. So, it made sense that since practically all of Sean’s friends and family are in Upstate NY that this would be the best time to celebrate his 40th; as it would not require any travel for his friends and family in NY.

We asked Luke and Danielle (Luke's wife) if it was OK if we could have some people over to have cake and well, Sean’s friends are Luke's friends so it worked out really well. I got a list from Sean of the people he wanted there and reached out and there were only a few who couldn’t make it; including my two sisters and dad who is actually in India right now.

Luke's kids (5 and 3) were so cute about the party and helped begged to decorate and picked out Lego party plates and napkins. They were so proud of themselves, haha. We had a really, really great time. I had maybe a little too much fun. But best of all was seeing how happy Sean was to be celebrating with his friends and family.

Sean loves himself some roulette so I thought it would be awesome if Margaret could make him a roulette cake and she knocked it out of the park. She will never cease to amaze me with her talent. Everyone was in awe of the cake. She made it as if the ball had rolled into #14 for Sean’s birth date and I thought it was such a neat touch.

My niece (Nadiyah) took majority of the pictures shown here. I think from now on she just might be the one to take the pictures during these type of gatherings since she just loves doing it and gets to practice. She told me that when she goes to college she is going for photography and I think she’s going to be incredible.

IMG_0014

IMG_9916 IMG_9920

IMG_9976 IMG_9935 IMG_9939

IMG_9917 IMG_9933

This is how kids plates always look at parties :)
I think it's cute that Nadiyah captured that.

IMG_9945

IMG_9973 IMG_9971

Luke and Danielle have the best play room and that is where most of our friend's kids remained until cake time :)

IMG_0002

I cannot believe how big Joey and Cate (Colleen's kiddos pictured below) are getting.

IMG_0004

IMG_0001

Me and Veronica (Sean's sister)

IMG_0010

Cake time

IMG_0028

IMG_0027 IMG_0032 IMG_0038

Sean and his friends from elementary school

IMG_0051

IMG_9960 IMG_9947

IMG_9922

Alright, all of that to tell Sean that I hope that his 40th year is the best one yet.
I hope it is filled with everything you desire. I hope you laugh, smile and love hard. I hope that all your hard work pays off in ways that you can’t even imagine. I want you to know that you are loved, valued and appreciated. Happy 40th birthday, babe.

5 comments:

  1. I adore these photos- good job Nadiyah!, and I swear you put on the best parties and that cake looks amazing- she did a great job. I never do my birthday up big- I guess it's time that I start. I'm glad Sean was able to spend time with his closest pals and family <3 You're an amazing wife and friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let her know you said so! :) Truthfully, this party was as low key and chilled as they come. The cake tasted amazing too! I don't like a big fuss for my birthday either ... dinner at my favorite restaurants is what I usually want.

      And thank you so much, I appreciate that! Hope you're having tons of cuddling time with Samuel!

      Delete
  2. What a great celebration!! I love all of your pics! You are so good at taking indoor pics. I can never get my white balace right. Do you do custom exposure for your setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was :) Thank you! I'll have to tell my niece. She loves compliments on her photos, haha.

      To be honest I hate taking indoor pics, I love natural light so much more but mostly because it is so much easier. Custom exposure? So photographer of me not to know this reference, haha. But I shoot manually so I adjust the settings based on how much light or how little light I have indoors. Is that what you're asking?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!