Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

Random Friday Chitchat

I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am that today is Friday. I’m already two and a half hours down from my work day, woo-hoo! The weekend is so close I can smell it.

With my excitement you would think that I have grand plans for this weekend. Well, my friend, you would be wrong. Except if you call grand plans, a Sunday afternoon trip to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins, warm apple cider donuts and maybe a pumpkin spiced latte to ensure that I’m as basic as ever. Most likely I won’t do that because I really don’t like pumpkin flavored anything. But you know, taste buds change here and there so I figured maybe it was time to try a pumpkin spiced latte. I started out small with a caramel pumpkin spiced latte and I have to admit that was delicious. It was really good because the pumpkin taste was not strong. I tricked myself into believing that maybe, just maybe, my distaste for pumpkins had changed so I tried a full blown pumpkin spice latte. No. Just no. Still don’t like you. But you, caramel pumpkin spiced latte from Wawas … I’d drink you again, because you’re good and taste mostly of caramel.

But yeah, after two weekends away from home I’m so ready for my plans to do nothing. It’s so great that I do not have to go home and pack (hate packing!) for anything and that if I choose not to do a chore today it won’t mess with my schedule one bit. I intend to veg out, catch up on shows on Netflix because for some reason anytime I want to catch up on a show I’ve been falling asleep. I wake up and realize that almost three episodes have passed and I have no idea what happened. Eyes stay open, you have an entire weekend of nothing planned.

I’ll do some chores; make home cooked meals and take the furbabies out for their walks. Maybe I’ll order in pizza and open up a bottle of wine just for myself. Or maybe I’ll watch “The Girl on the Train” since it comes out today! I read the book which was pretty good but for some reason the previews I’ve seen of the movie make it seem like it may be better than the book. Maybe it has something to do with Emily Blunt since I like her but I often find it a hard task for Hollywood to make any movie as good as the book.

So yeah, what are your plans for the weekend? If you have some extravaganza weekend planned I give you permission to share because I won’t even be jealous. It’s just that the thought of me sitting on my couch eating Talenti gelato is just too good an image to me right now. Add in some cuddle time with the furbabies and that right there is what I call a perfect weekend. It obviously would be more perfect if Sean were home but you know, he’s got a life and all and it does not consist of sitting on the couch. Poor him ;).

Hope you all have fabulous weekends! xoxo♥

6 comments:

  1. I love nothing weekends! They always leave me so refreshed.

    This weekend is our Thanksgiving so we're hosting our first celebration with 8 other friends so it should be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my type of weekend... also loved the mention of talenti gelato my fav is the salted caramel one. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I know what you'll be doing NOW! (thanks to snapchat!). I'm glad you have a weekend to just relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weekend sounds amazing. Those are the kind of weekends I often long for!
    I haven't tried a caramel pumpkin latte, but it sounds delicious. It's officially being requested the next time I grab coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its thaksgiving in Canada today. Spent some time with family but it was a chiled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my kind of weekend! I hope you were able to relax and enjoy it. As adults, we don't get too many "off" weekends so an opportunity to do nothing is always welcomed :-).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!