Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4th weekend ♥

Although, I have a few posts to write about I’m going to skip ahead to this weekend because it was just too good.

On Friday, my in-laws came into town and we just had such a great time. Saturday we woke up bright and early to head to Dorney Park. I’m not one for rollercoasters, like at all, but I still managed to enjoy myself tremendously. I like water rides and kiddy rides so it worked out great that I was able to have some fun with our niece and nephews. Sean had his sisters do all the crazy rides so fun was had by all.

I chose not to take my camera because I knew we would be busy and I did not want to risk dropping my camera or getting it wet. But once I did that I ended up not taking it out at all while they were in town which I regret a tiny bit. I did snapchat the fun we had so if you happen to follow me there you got some footage of that.

They left Sunday morning and then my little sister Maryanna came into town about an hour after they left. We had huge plans and managed not to do all of it. I guess sometimes just talking and vegging out is all the fun you really need. We had brunch at Blue and could not stop raving about the food. After brunch we were suppose to go to the lake and then out for dinner and drinks. We ended up going back to my house after brunch to watch (me re-watching, sacrifices we make for family, ha) Orange is the New Black and then walking to get pizza and salad for dinner so that we could watch some more OITNB.

IMG_7089 IMG_7107
IMG_7086 IMG_7096
IMG_7091 IMG_7092
IMG_7098
IMG_7100
IMG_7113 IMG_7111

On Sunday, we woke up rather late and most of the restaurants were closed so we ended up going back to get pizza and salad again because it was so good! This makes me laugh a little because Sean and I have been searching for a good pizza place for a while and just were not getting lucky. My sister mentioned wanting pizza so I googled best pizza restaurant in my town (probably should have done this a long time ago) and wouldn’t you guess that the one right down the street (walking distance) came up on top. I was in shock and when we got the pizzas I was in more shock with how good it was. I can’t believe that it took my sister coming here to help me find amazing pizza, finally! I’m a happy girl but not sure my thighs will be.

We went shopping and picked up matching handbags and then headed back home to get ready for a free concert and fireworks. We had a red, white and blue sangria which was amazing and waffle ice cream cones and enjoyed a great firework show.

IMG_7123
IMG_7118 IMG_7121
IMG_7128
IMG_7156 IMG_7132
IMG_7130

When we got back home we watched some more OITNB (she is finally done with season three). Not sure what her wait is all about but I'll stop judging her. She was suppose to leave this morning so I requested to come in later today for a half day but she decided that she wanted to relax some more at my house so of course I agreed. She says being at my house is so quiet and like vacation. I’m glad she feels that way. When I got out of work, I had a quick workout and then we hung out for a few hours listening to old school R&B (think Shai, Boys II Men, New Edition and Blackstreet) until it was time to drop her off at the bus station. I of course was sad as I always am when it’s time to say see ya later but it was another great weekend with family and everyday I feel so lucky and blessed that if they were not my family, I would still choose them. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend too!

12 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with family over the weekend...and discovered the best pizza in your own backyard! Just talking and vegging out really is all you need with family and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. Especially the outfit you wore. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

    Sisters are THE BEST! I'm glad you got to spend some good time with your sister. Keep smiling Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing weekend!

    I drooled over your Snaps! That pizza looked sooooooooo good.


    XO |EESH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family + Holiday weekend + amazing food + THAT SANGRIA! Your weekend wins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend Faith! Nothing beats sister and family bonding time. Especially when that bonding takes place over a pizza and some sangria! Can we talk about your G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S outfit though?! I love your off the shoulder top and pants! Killing it girl! P.S. Also, thank you for your continued love, support, and comments on my blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful women. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your picture of food always get me so hungry over here. Looks like you had such a great time with your sister. My friend came to town last weekend and we had a ball doing nothing and hanging out. Definitely my kind of celebration :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your weekend recaps and following you on snap! I'm jealous how great your pictures of the fireworks turned out, mine are always hazy! Ugh! You two girls are so beautiful and that food....YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great weekend. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays

    ReplyDelete
  10. " Shai, Boys II Men, New Edition and Blackstreet " <-- you are my favorite person. You two were so adorable, I thoroughly enjoy looking at your Snapchat. You seriously take the best pictures. The red white and blue sangria looks delicious. I too am also shocked that you didn't look up the best pizza in your town, but to be honest I don't think I've ever googled that for my city either ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!