Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Peruvian food for our Friday date night

A few weeks ago, I told Sean that I wanted to treat him to a date night, so he should let me know what restaurant he would like to go to and what he’d like to do afterwards. Sean did some research online and then told me he wanted to check out a Peruvian restaurant in the neighboring town. Sean traveled to Peru a few years ago and loved their cuisine so you can say he was pretty excited to find a Peruvian restaurant so close to where we live. The best part was that the food was amazing and they also served Columbian cuisine. I am not exaggerating when I say, there was not a piece of food left on our plates.

It was like a meal prepared for you at home, but better, and we can’t wait to head to El Chasqui again.

IMG_8955 IMG_8959

We went for an early dinner and it was a great time to go because we were the only patrons.
The owner was so attentive and helped us decide what to order when we could not make up or minds.
For a rather small restaurant, we were surprised with their extensive menu.

IMG_8961
IMG_8962

IMG_8978 IMG_8966

IMG_8968
IMG_8972
IMG_8973
IMG_8980
IMG_8985
IMG_8989

I hope you all had wonderful weekends and have lovely weeks! ♥

6 comments:

  1. It's so fun to try something different! Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interior of the restaurant looks as amazing as your food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peruvian. Very cool. I have never been to a Peruvian restaurant and I don't even know if we have one. I used to be really picky and really nervous about trying different foods, but once I allowed myself to branch out I realize that often it's familiar foods, just seasoned and cooked differently. How fun to find a new spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I completely miss this post? I've never tried Peruvian food or Columbian for that matter. I will definitely have to do some google searching for both !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh...I love everything about this. The restaurant looks beautiful and the food looks absolutely delish. There is a Peruvian restaurant close to my work that I haven't tried yet. Since J and I haven't been able to do our Monday lunches due to work getting busier, we might try to visit the Peruvian place. Everyone I know who's been there has raved about it so I am also eager to try it at some point.
    Your review makes me want to try it even more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!