Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

A 60th birthday party for Sean's mom

IMG_5785

So yes, I've been a bit excessive with the birthday talk the last month. It just happens that Sean’s parents & my parent’s birthdays are all a few days apart. So after this post, I won’t talk birthdays for a little while. Any who, we threw Sean’s mom a 60th birthday party a few weekends ago. It was such a good time. I got to see so many of Sean’s extended family and a lot of our friends too.

This is still so random to me but Sean’s sister, Veronica, was in charge of securing the pavilion for Sean’s mom’s birthday party but she was too late and by the time she got around to it the pavillon had been booked. Well, come to find out my matron of honor’s (Stacy) sister had booked it for her husband’s surprise 40th party. We were literally feets away and so I was able to catch up with Stacy and her family as well. It was such a good day and the weather was great too. We were worried that it was going to be too hot, but we were situated with tons of trees which provided the best shade. We were also very close to the lake so we were able to dip in the water if we chose to … the water was ridiculously cold though but it was like the kids can’t feel the cold.

Because of all the BBQ throwing the last month we are skipping our annual summer bbq this year. It is just a lot of work to get everything organized so Sean and I are looking forward to enjoying the rest of the summer with no further parties to throw.

Back to Sean’s mom … she had the best time! I can't even say how many fireball shots she had but let's say, she had a lot. She was not expecting to see 60 years old so it was a big celebration on her part and we are just thrilled that she made it. It has not been an easy road for her but she continues to beat the odds and we’re all grateful . Happy 60th birthday mother in love! ♥

We (including Sean's sister, Veronica) got there several hours earlier to set up and decorate for the party.
Beware, tons of pictures to come!

IMG_5776

IMG_5786 IMG_5800

Birthday mom has arrived.
And tell me why Nadiyah looks so grown!

IMG_5795 IMG_5803 IMG_5839

IMG_5811

IMG_5791 IMG_5792

IMG_5807

I told you about those fireball shots.

IMG_5821 IMG_5814

IMG_5872

IMG_5817

A few of Sean's cousins

IMG_5827

When I met Sean's nephew he was ten years old so when I met his friends they were also ten.
The boys in the picture below are now 21 and call me Aunt Faith, lol.

IMG_5831

Sean's (3) childhood friend's kids!
All of their dads were in our bridal party.

IMG_5832 IMG_5838

IMG_5836

IMG_5860

With Stacy in the left picture below!! ♥
And Sean's aunt and uncle in the right picture below.

IMG_5903 IMG_5822

My Colleen!! ♥
I got to meet her new daughter too!

IMG_5866

Look at Sean with Cate ♥

IMG_5925 IMG_5920

IMG_5867 IMG_5837 IMG_6067

IMG_5884 IMG_5878 IMG_5889

Sean's dad surprised Sean's mom with 60 carnations (her favorite).
It was so sweet to watch.

IMG_5847 IMG_5850 IMG_5857

See?! Why does she look grown up?!
Baby Cate, you now have a piece of my ♥

IMG_5859 IMG_5909

Sean takes his games very seriously.

IMG_5906 IMG_5904 IMG_5907

Cake time!

IMG_5914

Beach time!

IMG_5941

IMG_5943

IMG_5934 IMG_5932 IMG_5977

IMG_5939 IMG_5976

IMG_5990 IMG_5996 IMG_5991

IMG_5959 IMG_5980

IMG_6006

IMG_6034

IMG_6024

After the party we went to one of Sean's friend's house. Sean has always wanted a pool and after this trip I'm almost convinced because Izabella went crazy for the pool. She kept on jumping in every chance she could and it was seriously the funniest sight!

IMG_6093 IMG_6091

IMG_6102

We ended this fun day with a fire and some sparklers.

IMG_6105

I hope you're all having a wonderful week and that you have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. This was so beautiful Faith! Beautiful day, I'm sure Sean's Mom felt the love. How interesting that your best friend's family was "there" too. I love the Aunt Faith from the 21 year olds; Time literally feels like it is speeding away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! She sure did. I know! We were all in shock, haha. Yeah, it always makes me laugh when they do that. It really is speeding away. I wish it would slow down sometimes.

      Delete
  2. What a great day of celebrating! We have a cluster of birthday's that all fall days apart with our families too. April, September, and November are the hot months for us lol. I love all of the pictures you captured and that park looks like a great place to celebrate! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you have a lot of them in one year, haha! Only in June do I feel birthday overload. Thank you! It's one of Sean's mom's favorite places. She use to camp there every summer.

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! Thanks for sharing, Faith! And, might I add, your camera is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hope you had a nice weekend!

      Delete
  4. Everything looks like it came out so nicely! I absolutely LOVE the colors! Happy Birthday to your Mother-in-Love! I hope she sees so many more!

    (And as always, beautiful pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the color combination too! Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Your niece looks like a borderline teenager- how old is she now !? I'm so glad you got to see Colleen! (and your other old friends as well). Fireballs are delicious! Go ahead Sean's mom. She has had a tough road, but I'm glad she has pulled through all of it!

    These pictures were great and made me happy. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! She's only 10! Me too :)

      Yeah, they are!! LOL. It's hard to just have one of those shots.

      Thank you so much! I hope you had a nice weekend :)

      Delete
  6. What a lovely celebration and milestone.

    Wishing her MANY more years!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!