Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm Thankful to God for ....

life
Sean
my family through blood and marriage
inside jokes with Sean, my sisters and best friends
my furbabies
my job
my home
Mexican food
my smile
clothes
laughter
Netflix
love
happiness
my blog friends
chapstick
chocolate covered pretzels
ice cream
smores
sushi
retail therapy
date nights
double dates
Democrats, ha ;)
the Bible

The list could go on and on with the small and big things that I’m thankful for. When I sit back and think about how blessed I am, I am blown away. The life I live is not grand but by golly it is wonderful. The fact that God chose this life for me reminds me that I can’t for one day take it for granted.

When I look at the world around me and see devastation, hunger, sadness and war it makes me wonder why I get to feel joy every day. Why I get to eat every day. Why I get to wake up most days without a tear shed, without pain felt and without feeling that I would be better off dead. So every day that I’m alive I have a duty to always look on the brighter side. To make it a habit to enjoy all that I have because one day it may be stripped from me and then I’ll wonder why thankfulness wasn’t something I felt every day.

Blog friends, I hope that you have a Happy Thanksgiving Day. Many of you have become true friends, people that I know that if it weren’t for distance we would be in real life friends. And for that I’m thankful. Thankful that in this crazy world I found people that I never would have met, if it weren’t for the day I decided I was bored and needed an outlet.

30 comments:

  1. I love this! XOXO! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last paragraph since that's why I started blogging too, I was bored and needed an outlet. Great post Faith, it's so great to always stop and appreciate what we have, that thing about inside jokes between you and Sean is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post and feel exactly the same way you do about the importance of appreciating what I have. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy thanksgiving to you! what a great list! thankful for you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! It's too easy to take the wonderful things in our life for granted (trust me!). I hope we can both celebrate our lists all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ice cream and netflix :) haha

    you are so awesome faith!
    i hope you have a fantastic thanksgiving and get to relax and enjoy all the wonderful things around you!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO thankful for YOU, Faith!!
    Have the best Thanksgiving!
    You make my blog obsession so much fun & I love that we've become friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen sister! Happy Thanksgiving

    XO Emily
    www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel very lucky to just to be living a happy healthy life. We are lucky! It's good to be aware of it. Happy Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful holiday my love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. girlfriend, powerful message. And it's all true. We must count our blessings. And I could you as one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too struggle with having so much when others don't.

    Happy, happy Thanksgiving Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy thanksgiving!! Have a wonderful day!
    Kal
    www.kalleemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! Have a great turkey day with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list....have an awesome thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You never disappoint! Love the outfits...and yey, I've joined in on the fun. Reasons to shop and dress up :)...shouldn't need a reason though..right?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! yes, we are so blessed to be living where we do. happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love you blog. nice post. please visit my blog. xo xo

    follow

    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I too am thankful for Mexican food :) And for blogging, because, look, it led me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thanksgiving Faith, it's so important to take a step back and appreciate all we have.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome list!!! It certainly sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know what Faith? I'm thankful for you and that we are blogging friends! You make me laugh and definitely keep me entertained with your posts! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Did you make the s'mores bars??

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you had a great holiday! We are thankful for you too!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!