Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blate in San Antonio.

Last Sunday, I had my third blate (blog date). The first two times I was nervous but this time around I had no hesitation. Of course, Sean tried to mess with my head and say stuff like, "Let's hope you don't end up in a ditch" And "How do you know she's even real?" My brilliant response, she has a blog and Instagram (lol) which I proceeded to show him. "You do know people fake that stuff, right?" he responded. "Well, I don't think she is because she's been keeping up a front for a very, very long time" I replied with my fingers crossed. I really hoped since she was going to be picking me up for our date since Sean had to work Sunday evening and had to take the rental.

Well, I'm happy to report that Jennifer is as real as they come! As soon as we saw each other, we greeted one another with huge smiles and big hugs. I felt like I was just catching up with an old friend that I hadn't seen in a while. I don't think we were silent for more than a few seconds. We had so much fun and had so much in common. I was really, really excited to find out that she was also a mayo hater.

Jennifer took me to her favorite Mexican restaurant (Jen, I can't remember the name, boo to me!). When we were seated I said, "I'm going to take pictures if you don't mind." And she looked at me with a serious expression and said, "I would be insulted if you didn't". Tell me that's not the best response. Seriously, all I need in this life is friends that are bloggers! She also showed me how to eat flour tortillas properly. When I first saw her doing it I was confused and asked her, "what are you doing?" And I think she looked at me like I had grown two horns. She proceeded to show me. You get butter and you spread it on the flour tortilla and then you add hot queso dip on top and then you roll it up. YUMMY! So good! Now I understand what she meant when she said you could just have that with chips and dip and call it a night.

After dinner, we went to a bookstore where she convinced me that I had to get four books. I was hesitant because "not shoes" but in the end I got them because she said that I had to give Netflix a break and yeah, I kinda do. Jen, I read last night ... no Netflix!

After the bookstore we went and saw "Blended" and we both laughed and cried OK, fine we did cry. We thought the movie was hilarious and so good! And then it was time to say goodbye.

I think I should note that Sean tried to call me several times but I was in the theatre not checking my phone. Finally he texted me, "All good?" And I responded, "Not in a ditch." To which he responded, "thank God!"

Jennifer thank you so much for such a fabulous time! You are such an incredible person and I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to meet you. It is still so strange to me that if it were not for our blogs we never would have met. I hope that when you one day make the trip to NYC you'll let me know!

IMG_4854
IMG_4856IMG_4855
IMG_4858
IMG_4860

24 comments:

  1. I am SO BUMMED I wasn't home this weekend! San Antonio is like 2 hours from my house. I could've met y'all! Did you eat at Mi Tierra for dinner? Oh my YUM! Or did you eat on the Riverwalk? Needless to say, I'm bummed that I didn't get to go on a "blate" with you, but next time you're in Texas... let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that Im jealous :( two and a half hours away! But im glad u got to eat authentic Tex Mex! I love that blogging helps build bridges to friendships! Sigh back to being jealous..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! Sounds like an awesome blate! I've had two so far and am so grateful for all of my blog buddies. Who knows? Maybe we'll even have one someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun!!! come back to WA so we can go on a blate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great blate! hope we could do one in the future! LOL to Sean's earlier comments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like a sweetheart! I am so glad you two got to have such a fun date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you and Jenifer had such a great experience with the meet up. I think it's nice how bloggers are finding that they have so much in common, becoming friends and even meet in the real world and those tortillas looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so Awesome!! I hope I'll get to meet a blog friend one of these days sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww...glad you had a blate...so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I am glad you are still alive, you had fun, and you and Sean sound so cute together. Now I think I want to meet Jen:-) Such a fun person to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your posts because they are so personal yet exciting and relatable. Plus If I am not mistaken the shirt you are wearing is definitely forever 21 right?
    www.fashionnfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a nice blate with no ditches involved. That is so cool. I really liked blended too. I'm still hoping for a blate some day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sean in so funny. His comments had me laughing. Your blate also sounded like so much fun. I meet so many wonderful bloggers online. I think I'd love to do that one of these days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so awesome you got to meet a friend from blogging!! It really is incredible the relationships we can form through this little (or big) blog world!! I love the photo of you two - your happiness is shining through!
    Um, the tortilla story has me drooling!
    And your response to Sean - "not in a ditch" - LOLOL!
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aside from "meeting" our friends in the blogging world, it's even more fun to meet them in real life! So glad you two had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely! hope you enjoyed your time there~

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I laugh out so loud when i read Sean's comments on the blogger meet up because i can totally her Kevin saying the same thing. Definitely going to let him read this post.

    Its always nice to put a real face behind the writer. Sounded like a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww, this was such a cute read.
    yay for new friends!

    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's great! I have yet to meet a blogger. Not because of fear, but because I never had the opportunity. That should be a goal of mine for the supper. lol Food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been on a blate, but this looks like the perfect one!!!!! Yumm, margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now come to Southern CA so WE can meet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Umm... *green eyed monster* ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?! LOL

    That's awesome you went on a blogger date. The food looks delicious and it sounds like you two had a TON of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sooo behind on blog-reading. My life has been nuts for two weeks straight!

    Was so, so wonderful to meet you! ANd I'm glad that neither of us ended up in a ditch. HOping life will allow our paths to cross again another time. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!