Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Insert Random Title Here..

IMG_5598
Often Sean and I will get inside the car and just drive with no location in mind.
I’m not exactly sure how it started but I look forward to these random rides.

On these rides we talk about every and anything and because it is just the both of us in the car there is no distraction.
Distractions really mean Instagram and blogs. We've made quite a few important decisions on these car rides too.


I sometimes suggest that we drive downtown in the evening that way I can people watch during a busy time. I don’t know what it is but I love to see a downtown busy with people walking about, looking forward to a night out and ready for a drink after what always seems like a long work day or week. These rides lasts about an hour and is probably a waste of gas if we're too be honest.

IMG_5600

I’m not sure why I’m even blogging about this but for some reason when I decided to blog today that is what came to mind.
I like our random rides and I guess I might like being random too.


IMG_5551

On Friday, Sean and I head to South Beach with Colleen and Eric and I cannot wait. Sean surprised me with the trip when I went to San Antonio this Spring and for some reason I did not want to blog about it because I felt like I was bragging.
I don't know.

Sometimes thoughts come in my head and that's it. It stays.

But I realize that it is dumb and it is OK if I share when I'm excited about something happening in the future. I use to do it all the time but as I've looked at past blog posts I realize that I have changed a bit.

My tone has changed and I really want to go back to when the silliest things excited me and I would have one sentence blog posts about how my cat sleeps with one eye open. Or would have a whole post dedicated to my taste buds because I now liked a candy bar I didn't like when I was 5. Or when I shared how I would wear a weed t-shirt to church and school when I was 10 because my parents thought it was leaves. It wasn't until college that I realized that I was a walking advertisement for marijuana at.age.ten..


But yeah, I guess I miss what blogging use to be for me. Nothing really thought out, just whatever came to mind.

Maybe I'll get back there sometime soon.

IMG_5548
Oh and just in case you did not notice. Random pictures for a random post.

22 comments:

  1. i think the weed t-shirt is what started me reading your blog. in any event dont be too hard on yourself - perhaps you're in a different season and seasons dont last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you two do your random car rides! I sometimes feel like I'm in a weird place with blogging too and it keeps changing. One minute I'm all about it and the next I feel confused. I think we both need to get back to writing like nobody is reading. More for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just get back to blogging what was on your mind at any given moment. It seems to free up some space in your head and then you start thinking of more and more things that make you happy.

    Those car rides sound perfect for you two, its strictly something you can only accomplish the right way with Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith, isn't it funny how we stray from what comes naturally to feeling like we have to have a prescription. I can totally relate. I went from random also to kinda structured to hardly posting(ha) I hope to get back into it though. I totally remember your random posts and I still love one thing about your blog that remains the same. How much you love being married and the special time you spend together. Thanks for sharing with us (consistently) you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy reading your blog and I think you should write about whatever interests you, no matter what the topic. Chances are, if it's interesting to you, it will interest your followers. Just know that whatever you choose to post, I'll always be here reading... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you and Sean just hop in the car and go. It sounds like the perfect time to catch up with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love randomness, bot in car rides and blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you already know me and my blog have had an identity crisis all flippin year.

    I LOVE the marijuana story. It makes me laugh every time I read it.

    I get in the car sometimes too and just drive. Even with Dominic/and or until he gets restless and then we go to the park or get a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so funny to read how you feel about blogging, because I always look to you as inspiration for blogging what + when I feel like it. I love your space on the web... and the weed t-shirt story too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me laugh with the weed t-shirt...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Randomness is always awesomeness!! A weed tshirt...I have to go back in the archives!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love randomness! i love all of your posts! reading them, and seeing your photos! you're a breath of fresh air!!
    i love rambling posts, and often find it hard to just post photos. i have a ton of more photos/less words posts coming, because i want to be all caught up come fall.
    keep doing what you're doing.
    sending love, thoughts and prayers your way! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually recently had that thought- that my blogging has changed and I want it to start being my mind & heart dump again. So I think I am going to start doing it again! :) Mine Dump Link Up?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. South Beach sounds SO fun! I love driving too. It is so fun to just GO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like random. It can be exciting sometimes. I love your pictures. I don't think it's braggy to talk about your trips--at least not to me. I love hearing about your adventures and living them vicariously through you. I know you frequent Vegas and that's somewhere I'd like to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love this! To be free and wandering the world is such a beautiful place to be. You guys are sooooo cute!

    Thank you for taking the time to swing by love, hope to see you back soon!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. The random rides sound like fun! My papa is always trying to take my mother on roads she has never been on. It's awesome to come from a family that enjoys variety and adventure in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. No matter how random this post is including the pictures and message, it is so so lovely just like your other blog posts. I always find something to put a smile on my face like this story about you wearing the marijuana tee at age 10...:-)

    Also, I like the car rides you and hubby take to people watch and talk. It's so cool. Keep up writing whatever comes to mind because it is just as interesting.

    Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahahaha little Faith walking around in a weed t shirt...now that's funny! I love your random posts, and anything you post really. It is ok that your tone has changed, it will probably change again at some point. Hope you have fun in South Beach! (Or had fun if you already went?)

    ReplyDelete
  21. weed t shirt eh? :)
    your photography just gets better and better and better and better. do you konw that?! my goodness!

    Also, random: you have the most comments on your blogposts than anyone else in the world!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!