Pages

Friday, November 10, 2017

Local Arts Festival

A few weekends ago, the city that Cinthia lives in, held their annual arts festival. It was a pretty neat experience to be able to see so many local artists in our area. I’m always so amazed by artists/creatives. Their ability to create something just on thought alone is mindboggling to me. I often imagine creating things but man, I can never do it without some major guidance. It’s always why I’m so impressed and can just stare at artwork for hours and wonder about how this artist’s brain works.

We saw graffiti, clothing, artwork, jewelry, etc and we strolled for several hours talking to many of the artists and checking out their work. It also didn’t hurt that the festival was held in a beautiful location so it wasn't difficult staying longer than we thought we would. I especially liked the graffiti but I think that's because of the Bronx girl in me.

I didn’t need anything (although I saw many things I wanted) but Cinthia ended up purchasing gorgeous artwork for her home. There were also a few food trucks which is always a plus so I ordered two empanadas (I had to go back a second time they were so good!) and also got a taste of Cinthia’s bacalaitos which was a first for me and not surprisingly, delicious.

IMG_9010
IMG_9013
IMG_9012
IMG_9014
IMG_9015
IMG_9020
IMG_9017
IMG_9018
IMG_9019
IMG_9022
IMG_9024
IMG_9025
IMG_9026
IMG_9028
IMG_9037

IMG_9030 IMG_9032

IMG_9031
IMG_9033
IMG_9034
IMG_9035
IMG_9038
Overall, it was a really good time and I’m looking forward to next year’s art festival.

4 comments:

  1. I love going to different festivals and exploring new things. I'm so sad that most of them won't be around until the spring now. I would have been in blogger heaven with all of that street art and probably would have grabbed my boys and took a picture in front of every one lol. I hope you have a great weekend! Sierra ~ Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled bacalaitos and I actually know what they are. They are really good - we call them fish cakes or codfish fritters. Bacalao is what we called codfish which is dried and salted cod and used to make all sorts of good things like ackee and codfish.
    I'm a mutt - from the Bahamas, parents from Barbados and husband from Jamaica but codfish is common to all of these islands. On the west coast no one calls it codfish; they call it bacalao. BTW Barbadians make the best fish cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! There is an amazing arts festival every July in State College and I've gone a few times and gotten such cool, unique pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the graffiti art too. I don't know what it is! I'm glad you and Cynthia had a great time at the art fair. I always enjoy festivals myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!