Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Family time is my favorite time ♥

IMG_5033

Our Memorial Day weekend was great! We had my sister & her family over for the weekend & I was so pumped to spend time with my nephew. He’s growing quickly so I’m making it a priority to spend as much time with him; especially when right now he thinks I’m the coolest aunt & that hugs from his aunt are not lame. I mean, I let him have donuts for breakfast and told his mom that this weekend was special so staying up till midnight was obviously mandatory ... Sorry Emma and Maryanna but it’s true! ;)

They arrived Friday evening so we went to the supermarket to pick up a few goodies to grill Saturday night.
We also picked up wine and some snacks to bring to the beach for Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we were up by 6am (this was no easy feat considering we decided to stay up way too late!) as Sean was convinced that if we did not get to the Jersey Shore early we wouldn’t be able to find a place to park. He was right! I’m so glad we got there as early as we did. We enjoyed a fun day at the beach and man did we luck out with some incredible weather too!

Sean has had that boogie board since he was 18 so it was so neat to see my nephew be all about it!

IMG_4984 IMG_4987

The water was so, so cold. So of course Sean had to attempt to dunk my sister in the water.
Let's just say that my sister is strong, ha.

IMG_4994 IMG_4995

And also beautiful :)

IMG_4992

IMG_5005 IMG_5012

We of course could not resist a photo-shoot :)

IMG_5016 IMG_5021

IMG_5024

IMG_5029 IMG_5013

IMG_5037

IMG_5039 IMG_5031

IMG_5042

IMG_5046

IMG_5050

IMG_5061 IMG_5056 IMG_5063

IMG_5062 IMG_5070

IMG_5052

We walked the boardwalk and my nephew played several games.
When he would win he would substitute a big stuffed animal for fidget spinners.

IMG_5075 IMG_5077

After the beach we went back to the house and freshened up … getting rid of sand is a big task, ha. After we were freshened up we began to get things out of the fridge to start grilling dinner. We ate way too much, reminisced even more and sang some mean karaoke which was so, so much fun. Tell me how it's possible to forget words to songs that you knew all the words to as kids?

IMG_5102

IMG_5094 IMG_5083

IMG_5115

Happiest dog. He loves him some sun!

IMG_5091 IMG_5086

IMG_5103

Karaoke time!!

IMG_5106 IMG_5107

My nephew had to take this picture of the moon :)

IMG_5124

This weekend was definitely one for the books and tons of pictures that I can print to go on my family wall in the hallway!
I know I always say this but family time will always be my favorite time! ♥

14 comments:

  1. Your pictures are ALWAYS amaizng. HOW DO YOU DO IT !? You are such a wonderful aunt- I know all those kiddos will always love you dearly. The beach looks amazing... I seriously should move. All the food looks delicious as well- I need to invest in one of those mini grills. I'm glad you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you being serious? LOL.

      They better love me dearly, hahaha! ;)

      Yes, move! That way we can be a photographer duo, lol. They are so convenient. My sister's husband brought it and I'm now convinced we need one too! For days we just want to grill something small it would be so handy not to have to fire up the big grill!

      Delete
  2. What a fun weekend!! Family time is the best and days with my sister are always my favorite. That is so cool your nephew used the same boogie board. We love Pt. Pleasant and sometimes take the boys to that boardwalk instead of Seaside. Maybe we'll run into you this summer! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Haha, he was obsessed :) It was our first time there and I'm excited to go back. Usually we just do Asbury Park so it was nice to check out a new beach! That would be so awesome, I hope so! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful! Your nephew clearly is just as talented as his aunty. That last picture is awesome!
    Family time is also my favorite time so I totally get where you are coming from.
    So glad you are creating these memories. They last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so cute watching him take a picture of the moon. He loves taking pictures of sunsets too :)

      They certainly do :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like the perfect Memorial Day! Beach, booze, and family!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family time is the best. Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect way to spend the holiday! My nieces and nephew think I'm still cool as well, so I'll definitely take that. And how did I not know about that drink? Or wine in a can for that matter..

    Glad you enjoyed your day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's a good feeling when they still think that, haha! It's delicious too and so easy for commute! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!