Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Sister's Day ♥

IMG_5154

Last Saturday, I drove to my sister’s house in Connecticut for our sister day. Unfortunately, when I arrived I received a text from our little sister advising that she was not feeling well so she would not be making it. You can imagine that this brought a bit of disappointment (and sadness that she was not feeling well) but my two other sisters and I decided to continue on with our plans.

What Emma had hanging in her house when I arrived :)

thumbnail_IMG_6459

Before Emma and I left we took some pictures and I’m going to treasure them forever!

IMG_5157

IMG_5150

IMG_5189 IMG_5177 IMG_5193

IMG_5155

After our little photo-shoot, Brian (my sister's husband) drove us to the train station and from there Emma and I took the train into Grand Central. Our sister Priscilla met us at the restaurant since Emma and I were going to be late and we didn’t want to miss our 5pm reservation. Emma and I were so busy talking that we missed our transfer which put us back an entire hour, oops.

In the back seat with my niece and nephew ♥

thumbnail_IMG_6453

Oh yes, at the last minute I decided not to take my camera into the city so please excuse the lack of quality in the pictures to come.

On the train :)

thumbnail_IMG_6458

Just arrived to Times Square!

thumbnail_IMG_6460

Our dinner reservation was in Times Square at Havana Central and my goodness our food was so good! I also loved the palm trees scattered throughout the restaurant. We ordered a white sangria pitcher which was made in front of us, an empanada sampler (beef picadillo, chicken sofrito, shrimp sofrito and spinach and goat cheese) yum! We also ordered the Cuban appetizer sampler. For our entrees we shared the seafood paella and the braised beef with peppers and onions. Everything we had was incredible and I really want to go back. We had no room left for dessert but the churro ice cream bowl sounded incredible!

At the restaurant.

thumbnail_FullSizeRender3

thumbnail_IMG_6457

thumbnail_IMG_6456

thumbnail_IMG_6451

We had plans to get to the city earlier to get tickets for a Broadway show but since we arrived later than anticipated we were unable to do that. A festival was going on in Times Square (when is that not happening?) so streets were closed down & it felt a bit busier than usual if that’s possible. And, well, we just loved it all! There’s nothing better than home especially when you’re with the people who feel the same way as you do. No matter where we live we always feel right at home when we’re back in the city.

thumbnail_IMG_6439

thumbnail_IMG_6454

Not too far from the restaurant (less than a 5 minute walk) we saw a sign for A Bronx Tale and off we went. I’m not kidding but we arrived about five minutes before the show started and we were able to snag three tickets! Since we’re from the Bronx it was a no brainer that this was the show for us to see ... and even with the chance of sounding a little lot corny almost felt like a sign.

thumbnail_IMG_6461 thumbnail_IMG_6462

In the theatre during intermission :)

thumbnail_IMG_6455

thumbnail_FullSizeRender1

And we loved it! If you ever watched the movie A Bronx Tale and liked it, you'll definitely enjoy the musical. It was truly such a fun day and we decided that this is something we have to do at least once per year, just us sisters. After the show we walked back to Grand Central to catch our trains back home. Emma and I did not get back to her place until 2:30 in the morning and Priscilla did not get back home until 3 in the morning … but I was still wide awake, just thriving off of our incredible day together ♥.

16 comments:

  1. I wish my sister and I were closer! I love yalls relationship! Yall are so pretty and the love just radiates through the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I wish that too for you but it's never too late :) Thank you so much! When I tell them they are going to be beaming from ear to ear!

      Delete
  2. Next time your in NYC try Café Española(their Strawberry sangria is to die for). Paella or Mariscada(with spicy diablo sauce) with a half of lobster is beyond delish. Also Socarrat and Seville are delish for Paella.
    Your relationship with your sisters is so dope. I don't have one with mine but I'm super close to my brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love strawberry sangria so I can just imagine how good this one is! Thank you for the recommendation, I'll definitely add to the list of places to try next! And thank you so much :) it was my mom's greatest wish that her daughters be close so I hope she is looking down and is proud of us!

      Delete
  3. I too do not have this relationship with my sisters, but I will keep trying because where there's life there's hope. I love your dress! I want one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Where there's life there is hope, I love that. Hahaha, thank you!! It's actually a jumpsuit and is the most comfortable piece of clothing I own. I want to wear it all the time. I got it early last year at Free People and I can't find it on their site any longer.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE those photos of you and your older sister and her kids. I'm sorry your youngest sister couldn't make it.

    OOPS @ missing your train stop. Time flies when you're having fun. It's okay that you didn't want to take your camera into the city. Sometimes you just want to have fun without lugging something heavy around.

    I've never seen the movie, but I'll have to check it out. I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, I'm so impressed that you know or remember that she's the older sister! Everyone always thinks she's the youngest, haha!

      Yeah, I decided that I didn't want to lug it around and just be with my sisters. I could have easily done it and I know my pictures would have been great but I don't regret it.

      Yes, check it out! I think it's considered a classic ... Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. Emma is the oldest, Priscilla is after you, and MaryAnna is the youngest. Girl I know all aboutchu - you my internet BFF lol.

      Sometimes it's nice to just be in the moment- I totally get that.

      Delete
    3. Haha, no words!!! Def. my internet BFF!

      Delete
  5. OMG!!!! Love every bit of this post!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a smile! you all are too beautiful

    bisous :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Love the love between you and your sisters.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!