Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

My birthday weekend

Last Saturday, I turned 36 years old. When Sean asked me what I wanted to do I said that I wanted to check out the fall festival in Jim Thorpe. After last weekend, I think I’ve given up on getting foliage earlier than the last week in October. It just doesn’t happen in Pennsylvania and that makes me miss fall in Upstate NY when the leaves are so, so vibrant right now. Sean suggested that we go out to Philadelphia for my birthday dinner because the day (Saturday) we were suppose to go to the festival it rained and Sean wanted me to be able to do something on my actual birthday. He asked me what I was in the mood for and I said sushi so he found a restaurant and we did the hour drive to Philadephia.

We had dinner at 1225 Raw Sushi & Sake Lounge. Our food was so, so good. The best sushi I’ve had in the longest time!

Excuse the phone pictures in this post, I took a break from using my camera last weekend.

thumbnail_IMG_7993

thumbnail_IMG_8004 thumbnail_IMG_7999

thumbnail_IMG_8003

thumbnail_IMG_7995

After dinner we went to Time for a few more drinks and had dessert which we completed scarfed down, again so, so good.
I'm going to have to come up with some excuses to head back just for dessert!

thumbnail_IMG_8070

So stuffed and happy :)

thumbnail_IMG_8016

thumbnail_IMG_8017

On Sunday, we woke up early to head to Jim Thorpe and if I’m to be honest, I wasn’t that big of a fan. It was really small and I think I’m become accustomed to the festivals that we have in our current town that I wasn’t very impressed. It’s something to do once but I don’t think I’ll do it again especially since the leaves haven’t turned. I did want to do the train ride but again, without the changing of the leaves I don’t think it would have been worth it to me. Either way, it was something different to do with Sean so it wasn’t too bad. I’m glad we got there early because when we got home we still had plenty of time to relax the rest of the day.

thumbnail_IMG_8060

thumbnail_IMG_8030

thumbnail_IMG_8025 thumbnail_IMG_8024

Food trucks

thumbnail_IMG_8035

I chose paella and it was OK.

thumbnail_IMG_8039

thumbnail_IMG_8033

thumbnail_IMG_8064 thumbnail_IMG_8065

thumbnail_IMG_8044 thumbnail_IMG_8043

thumbnail_IMG_8047

thumbnail_IMG_8042 thumbnail_IMG_8029

thumbnail_IMG_8026

I hope you all are having a wonderful week and that you have a fabulous weekend! ♥

2 comments:

  1. It's USUALLY that way with fall foliage with us as well, although it's been such a chilly october - that some of it started a bit earlier, next week though everything will be yellow, orange, and red.

    I love and MISS sushi. Once I evict this boy from my womb- that is the first thing I'm going to eat- lol. That was sweet of Sean to drive you to Philly, to have dinner on your ACTUAL birthday.

    I don't mind iPhone photos- they help visualize your weekend/night just as good as the camera. I love any pictures you post.

    Sorry the festival was a dud, but at least now you know, and relaxing is always nice too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that it will happen next week because we are still surrounded by so much green even though it has gotten quite cold this week!

      Ahhh, sushi ... don't know why I hadn't had it in so long. I love it! Yeah, he is really sweet :)

      My thing is knowing how my real camera captures images and comparing the two, haha. I'm trying to get over that though and when I went to Philly last weekend with my girlfriend I did not take my camera at all. Even she was surprised, lol .. I think she was actually disappointed that I did not bring it.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!