Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Softball in the springtime

IMG_1024

My niece, Noa, started playing softball this year so on a rather breezy day, Sean and I made the drive to Connecticut to watch her practice. Yes, you read that right, haha. I guess you can call us super aunt and uncle. It was really awesome to watch her with her teammates and see her practice her newfound skills on the field. At one point, both of her hands were covered in dirt and she ran over to me with a big grin and said, “Let’s get dirty!” I laughed and told her to get those dirty hands away from me but I’ll never forget the moment.

IMG_1008

IMG_1009

IMG_1000

IMG_1002 IMG_1012

IMG_1019

IMG_1021

IMG_1023 IMG_1038

IMG_1036

IMG_1042 IMG_1041 IMG_1043

IMG_1045

IMG_1049

IMG_1055

My nephew spent most of his time in his stroller napping while his sister practiced.
But when he woke up he was more than thrilled to show me his beloved toy.

IMG_1061 IMG_1060

And then the following weekend, we traveled to upstate NY to watch my other niece, Nadiyah, play softball. She had an actual game but I only took pictures of her during their practice. Her team won and it was so much fun to watch my niece in her zone and cheer her on. She has always been very athletic and loves playing sports.

IMG_1068

IMG_1066

IMG_1069

I have to say I’m looking forward to watching more games in the near future.
I hear there’s going to be quite a few in the coming months. I say, let the games begin!

6 comments:

  1. You are super Aunt for sure! I love that you were there to support them. It always means so much to me when my sister comes out to watch the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that made me smile! Yes, my sister says she loves it so much when we do it .. and our nieces and nephews love it so much too :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! You are amazing yourself! :) I hope you had a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. Awww that's very sweet that you and Sean went to see her play (and your other niece too). You ARE super aunt <3 I can't believe how big your newphew is now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you :) And yes, I can't believe it either. He is super tall for his age too!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!