Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Dear summer, I wish you'd stay a little longer

IMG_2400

I mentioned in my last post that I am six months behind in blogging. I know, I know … I’m not exactly sure what happened. It is like as soon as I didn't make myself blog two times per week consistently, I lost all accountability. And now, summer is basically over and I still have a TON of spring and summer posts to blog. Because I treat this blog like an online journal, I will blog them all eventually; even if it is the dead of winter.

Alright, moving on. This post today is just for me to tell summer not to go just yet. I’m not ready for summer to end. It has been such a great summer; filled with all the things I love most. Family, friends, laughter, food, lots of outdoor fun, just to name a few lot. I'm actually looking forward to reliving it all again with my future posts.

IMG_2404 IMG_2410

I’m just not ready for extremely dark mornings, I’m not ready for snow, I’m not ready for black ice and I’m certainly not ready for frigid weather. I guess, I can add some positive things since I am a positive person by nature. I am looking forward to our first fire in our fireplace, I’m looking forward to hot chocolate with too many marshmallows, I’m looking forward to the holidays and I’m also looking forward to more time spent at home. In the colder months I become quite the hermit so I’m looking forward to that time of rest, getting back into a simpler routine and welcoming that slow period.

IMG_2402

Are you sad to see summer go or are you ready for all things pumpkin, foliage, warm and layered? I'll admit that fall is without a doubt my favorite season. It's just that I know what comes after fall.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Faith! I'm not ready to say good-bye either, but I am looking forward to enjoying a mosquito-free yard. I guess that's why spring is my favorite. Everything is fresh and new and the mosquitoes haven't quite made an appearance yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, a mosquito free yard does sound really, really good! I am beginning to like spring ... but my allergies won't let me be great in the spring so it's not my favorite, yet.

      Delete
  2. I still have things that I want to share for my Chicago trip. Sometimes we just need a break and it feels even harder to get back into putting our fingers to the keys. But I say share when you can! I'm not ready for shorter days and colder weather. Loving these pretty pictures of you under those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read about your Chicago trip! I loved Chicago when I visited and can't wait to visit again. Yes, completely! I welcome the breaks from blogging ... it's just that getting back into it is like pulling teeth. I'm so not ready for shorter days and colder weather either, ugh. I was driving into work today and wanted to cry, haha. Thank you! I had Sean pull over when I saw the tree as it was stunning!

      Delete
  3. Whenever you do post about your whole entire summer, I will be here to read. This whole summer has been one of the worst for me emotionally, but God has been there through all of it. I probably won't ever revist it on my blog or otherwise. I'd rather just put it all out of my mind.

    I'm looking foward to autumn, to the holidays, and a slower pace as well. The snow not so much either, but I remind myself each season is only 13 weeks long, and it changes in a blink of an eye anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me smile! Thank you :)

      I'm so sorry that it has been the worst for you emotionally but God does know how to make you feel less alone. I think you should probably write down how you're feeling somewhere and timestamp it. That way when you re-visit in the future you can see how far you've come from that time.

      Ahhh, what a good way to think of it. 13 weeks long ... doesn't seem that long when you think of it that way.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!