Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A me day

IMG_4100

When we first moved to Pennsylvania I was unemployed and had no friends or family in the area. Sean was working so I was left to my devices which included a lot of walks with Izabella (we did not have Walker at that time). I remember that I use to do a lot of exploring by myself. I’d drive downtown to see whatever was going on and my camera was my trusty friend. It helped me feel less alone and that I had a reason to be somewhere. Almost a security blanket.

Fast forward to when Sean told me that he’d be at a real estate conference on this particular weekend; I recall wracking my brain trying to figure out what I’d do. I decided that I’d make it a day just for me to do the things I enjoy.

I started with making myself a breakfast sandwich, had coffee in a new festive mug (new mugs always make me happy!) and then went to the gym. When I got home I got ready to head to the farmers market to pick up some produce and some flowers. Of course I brought my camera along. After the farmers market (where I found my most favorite flower the gomphrena) I stopped at one of my favorite restaurants, 3rd and Ferry, to get lunch and then walked around before heading back home.

IMG_4097 IMG_4099

IMG_4101

thumbnail_IMG_2570

IMG_4104

IMG_4105 IMG_4107

IMG_4109

IMG_4108

thumbnail_IMG_2574

IMG_4110

IMG_4117

IMG_4112

IMG_4120

IMG_4126

When I got home, I let the dogs out and contemplated whether I should take them for a walk but decided against it because it’s not easy to walk two big dogs on my own. Instead I gave them their favorite treats and told them that they’ll get a walk the following day when Sean got home. I then arranged the flowers I got at the farmer's market in a vase and proceeded to stare in awe about how beautiful they were. Yes, I'm not embarrassed to admit that I'm now obsessed and I just loved, loved seeing them on our dining table. The farmer was right and they did dry beautifully. I actually removed them the day before Thanksgiving which means they lasted from Oct 19th until Nov 27th. This won't be the last time these flowers make their way into our home.

IMG_4140

That day I wondered if I should get a head start on meal prepping that way I could be free all of Sunday but decided against it. Instead, I watched a couple of my favorite movies and then started a new show on Netflix, "Living with Yourself". It was interesting and I'm curious to see how they are going to make this show work. I admit that I did feel a little guilt that I still hadn’t completed the book on my nightstand but decided that I’d get to it when I get to it.

The day was nothing grand. It was for the most part a rather simple day but I got to do it for me and it felt really good. I made a mental note to do more days just like this, as I'm learning that I am and should be, my favorite company.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your early days when you had moved there. We texted a lot in those days. <3 Photography heals the soul (sometimes)

    I need to make a day where all I do is things I enjoy, whether the babies are with me or not. I'm always trying to wrack my brain on what they would enjoy to do...

    "new mugs always make me happy!" <- me too- it's borderline a problem.

    Your morning/early afternoon sounds lovely.

    I would've stared at them too. I LOVE flowers. The fact they lasted that long is pretty remarkable. I love drying flowers too.

    I watched Living with Yourself when I was suffering a nasty flu bug at the beginning of November. It was interesting and weird. I'm wondering if it'll even have a second season...

    I LOVED LOVED LOVED all the photos on the blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did! And completely agree about photography. It's one of the things that I've loved since a child.

      You completely should! Also, it will help the babies enjoy what you enjoy too!

      Haha, borderline a problem. Well, it's not meth so I think you're good, haha!

      It was really lovely :) When I say the flowers lasted I mean that it looked really great all that time. They were technically "dead" but looked so pretty dried.

      Yes, weird is def. the word to describe that show! I wonder too because it is only going to get weirder, haha.

      Thank you!!!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!