Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Nadiyah goes to the beach

IMG_3231

On Nadiyah’s last full day with us we headed to the beach bright and early. The weather was absolutely glorious so we made sure to soak up the sun all day. Sean did a little research on what beach we should go to on Labor Day Weekend and decided on Island Beach State Park because he read that you could drive on the beach. Well, funny story. Sean didn’t do enough research because his vehicle ended up getting stuck in the sand. Something about having to deflate your tires when you’re driving on sand. Ha, good to know!

He ended up having to get towed to a regular parking spot. I think he even got a ticket because you also need a permit to drive on the sand. Pretty pricey lesson to learn but the more you know.

Nadiyah and I didn’t exactly wait for Sean to sort it all out. We picked out a spot in the sand, laid out our stuff and began our relaxing beach day. When Sean finally sorted out everything he met up with us and we all proceeded to have a really nice day. We played catch, read books, collected seashells while we walked the beach, ate grilled burgers for lunch and ran in and out of the water. It was the best way to end Nadiyah’s visit and I hope that this is a new yearly tradition that we’ve started with her.

IMG_3187

IMG_3184

IMG_3182

IMG_3205

IMG_3209

IMG_3211

IMG_3216 IMG_3213

IMG_3219 IMG_3218 IMG_3221

IMG_3237 IMG_3239

IMG_3232

IMG_3258

IMG_3261

IMG_3266

IMG_3271

IMG_3275

Goodbye Seaside Heights

IMG_3279

When we got home we got pizza for dinner and then watched movies until it was time to go to bed.

The following morning, we quickly packed Nadiyah up and then took her school shopping. After school shopping we drove to Newburgh NY where Sean’s parents met us half way to take Nadiyah home.

We had a great lunch at Chilito’s Restaurant before saying our see you laters.

thumbnail_IMG_2135 thumbnail_IMG_2136

When I think of it right now, I don’t think there could have been a better way to end a really awesome summer.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about getting stuck. I did know about the deflating your tires but had no clue about a permit. I also didn't realize you could bring a grill on the beach. I love that! What a fun experience and great way to spend Labor Day weekend. I sure miss the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesson learned, a lot of things we know now, lol!

      We purchased a portable grill a few years ago and Sean has been dying to take it to the beach. It was great to grill on the beach but I think it will most likely be a one time thing because once you've eaten it isn't as fun to walk it back, haha.

      It was a lot of fun! I miss the beach too. I'm not sure when I'll get the next beach visit/vacation but I hope it is very soon!

      Delete
  2. I am SO jealous that you have easy access to the beach. Being landlock blows ;)

    LOL I'm surprised that he bothered driving on the beach! I think that would've been one of those "eh better not" things.

    Books & burgers - pizza & movies! Yes please.

    That was so sweet of you to spend so much time with her this summer. I hope she is having a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we have relatively easy access to the beach too. It is a drive but within one hour or less we could be at one which is really awesome.

      Hahahaha, Sean gets an idea in his mind and there is no letting go. We live and we learn, hahaha.

      Seriously ... so simple but makes life so great.

      Thank you, it was such a blast! Hoping that we can do this yearly with her. And yes, so far, so good!!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!