Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Holiday Cheer in the City

IMG_4404

Last year we took Sean’s parents to see the Rockettes at Radio City and we had such a great time that we decided that we would do it every year. After Nadiyah’s experience in Philadelphia over the summer we knew that she had to have her first taste of NYC and what better first city experience than to see the Rockettes?!

She was so excited when she learned she was going with us and I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited to be in the city just because of how excited she was.

These pictures remind me how behind I am in blog posts; I don't feel like I'll ever get caught up.

IMG_4360 IMG_4361

IMG_4365 IMG_4371

We decided to do an evening show this time around and I must say that I enjoyed the nighttime experience better. However; we’ve decided that we won’t see the Rockettes every year and will just have a holiday experience in the city whether it is sightseeing, seeing a Broadway show, eating at a restaurant decked out for the holidays, etc. I’m excited for this year's experience and I don’t even know what we’re doing.

We drove into the city and headed straight to Bryant Park where we walked around the winter village and popped into a few shops to pick up some gifts and souvenirs. After that we happily watched all the ice skaters and then had dinner at the Lodge. The Lodge is incredibly busy during the holidays so note that you'll most likely have a wait before you can snag a table/seat. We had dinner at the first food station we could get seats for five and luckily our food was delicious!

thumbnail_IMG_3472

thumbnail_IMG_3492

thumbnail_IMG_3480

IMG_4375

IMG_4376 IMG_4379

thumbnail_IMG_3481

thumbnail_IMG_3482

IMG_4390

IMG_4380 IMG_4383

IMG_4393

IMG_4386 IMG_4398

thumbnail_IMG_3473

After dinner we had to leave Bryant Park to get to the show and happened to be the luckiest people and found parking right in front of Radio City! Ahhh, it was a good evening.

IMG_4408

thumbnail_IMG_3495 thumbnail_IMG_3498

thumbnail_IMG_3501

thumbnail_IMG_3503

thumbnail_IMG_3505

thumbnail_IMG_3506 thumbnail_IMG_3526

thumbnail_IMG_3512

thumbnail_IMG_3515

thumbnail_IMG_3533

The show was great, pretty similar to the year before and Nadiyah loved every part of it. It was great to see her eyes light up with the biggest smile on her face. I’m hoping that maybe next year we’ll spend the night that way we can really experience the magic that is the city during the holidays.

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised she's never been to the city before when she lives so close! That's awesome that you two took her.

    I loved the photos, and how excited she was <3

    Btw: WHERE do you buy your clothes from? You are seriously the most stylish person I "know"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lives a little over 5 hours away from the city and with her being so young it wasn't really a priority for her to go. She was so excited and I loved how much she loved it. Not everyone loves the city when they visit for the first time so I was thrilled that she did.

      Haha, I buy majority of my clothes from Free People. The jumpsuit and boots are from FP and the trench is from ASOS. And thank you!!

      Delete
  2. I love NYC! NYC during the holidays is so magical. I'm so glad to read Nadiyah enjoyed her first experience. So sweet of you to invite her to come along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! It's a magical place during the holidays. Awww, thank you! :)

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!