Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Puerto Rico: Traveler Catamaran & Old San Juan

thumbnail_891CC78A-FF99-4715-829D-4869918E87AF

When I last left off I was discussing how we had to leave La Placita earlier than I would have liked as Sean had booked an early morning catamaran the following day.

We obviously needed some good coffee when we woke up that morning and made a quick stop at Sobao by Los Cidrines before driving to the dock at Fajardo, PR to get on the Traveler Catamaran.

thumbnail_IMG_2797

We have gotten into watching YouTube videos of places we will be traveling and that is how we found out about Traveler. We had such a great experience and I cannot recommend them enough. The men who own this business are professional, courteous and a lot of fun. The food and drinks were great which is more than I can say about that boat experience we had in Miami last year, ha!

The catamaran took us to Icaco Island where we would enjoy some relaxation, food, drinks and snorkeling at the reef. Traveler provided snorkel lessons prior to actually snorkeling at the reef which I thought was such a great touch.

Since I don’t snorkel I was given some bread to feed the fishes and it was amazing how many of the fish will jump up for the bread. Everyone said that they saw more fish from me feeding then from when they actually went snorkeling, haha.

thumbnail_IMG_2802

thumbnail_IMG_2800

thumbnail_IMG_2805

thumbnail_IMG_2811

thumbnail_IMG_2812

thumbnail_IMG_2814

thumbnail_IMG_2817

thumbnail_IMG_2818 thumbnail_IMG_2822

thumbnail_IMG_2821

thumbnail_IMG_2824

thumbnail_IMG_2830

thumbnail_IMG_2831

After the catamaran we went back to our Airbnb to get ready for a night out in Old San Juan. We had dinner at Tayzan Bar and Grill and at dinner decided to do a little pub crawl that night. We started at El Batey Bar which is the coolest looking bar we’ve ever been to. There was graffiti inside the entire bar and it just was really cool. Our drinks were great too.

Tayzan Bar and Grill

thumbnail_IMG_2852 thumbnail_IMG_2855

thumbnail_IMG_2874

El Batey Bar

thumbnail_DC9B7289-7A61-471E-BDC1-7994733F6825

thumbnail_IMG_2864

thumbnail_IMG_2866

We then went to La Cuanita (no website) which was quirky and small. We loved the bartender here. We then went to La Factoria which was a really fun vibe. There was a band playing salsa music so there was a lot of salsa dancing going on here. I had some amazing passion fruit mojitos here. We ended our pub crawl at La Factoria because you could not pull me away from a dancing scene. My salsa might not be great but you can't tell me anything when I've had a few passion fruit mojitos ;).

La Cuanita

thumbnail_IMG_2875

La Factoria

thumbnail_IMG_2879

thumbnail_IMG_2880 thumbnail_IMG_2885

thumbnail_IMG_2886

thumbnail_IMG_2891

thumbnail_IMG_2893

thumbnail_IMG_2900

Happy Thursday! ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love how rustic everything looks in Puerto Rico.

    How come you don't snorkel? That's cute that they saw more fish from you throwing bread in the water, than actually submerging themselves with nature- lol.

    Mmm passion fruit mojitos, you couldn't tell me nothing after a lot of alochol and dancing as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is rustic and I wasn't expecting it to be!

      I'm not a great swimmer and the thought of sea creatures coming up to me scares the crap out of me, haha.

      I have to figure out a way to make passion fruit mojitos this summer! LOL .. dancing and alcohol ... def. a powerful combination!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!