Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Scenes from Christmas week 2019

IMG_5123

I absolutely loved the way that Christmas fell on a Wednesday this year. Sean and I were able to do our Christmas Eve tradition at home AND wake up in our own house on Christmas Day. Now, I don’t think I’ll enjoy Christmas any other way. And then on Friday after work we drove to Sean’s hometown to do Christmas with his family for the weekend.

Our Christmas Eve tradition is my absolute favorite and if we could always do it at home that would be ideal. We are let out of work early on Christmas Eve so I rush to get home and do any last minute wrapping of gifts and then by the time Sean gets home we are ready to order Chinese food for dinner. Although this time, Sean was out early too so we went to a local bar and had a few drinks before our Christmas Eve tradition.

thumbnail_IMG_4051

Our tradition consists of us choosing our favorite bottle of wine, making the first fire of the season in the fireplace, opening our stocking gifts (my favorite!) with Christmas music playing in the background. After we eat we watch two or three of our favorite Christmas movies. Although Sean was a bit Christmas movie(d) out after two movies so we ended up watching Jack Ryan on Prime. SO GOOD.
Izabella enjoying her new bed.

IMG_5097

The dogs get new beds for Christmas every year and I think these ones are their favorite by far.

IMG_5099

IMG_5118

On Christmas Day we woke up slowly and made French press coffee and breakfast sandwiches. We binged watched Jack Ryan and had such a relaxing day. For dinner we used our instant pot for the first time and made this chicken and potato dish which was absolutely delicious! We actually made the dish again two weeks ago; it’s that good.

This is how our Christmas tree looked on Christmas Day (even after we had exchanged gifts)
since we hadn't yet offloaded Christmas gifts.

IMG_5127

thumbnail_IMG_4076

The following day (Thursday) we were back to work and to be honest I didn't hate returning to work. It was really nice to have a break midweek.

Like I mentioned above, after work on Friday we headed to Sean’s hometown. We enjoyed some family time which involved more Christmas movies and opening of gifts. For dinner we went to House of Pizza and Sean’s nephew was our server which was cute.

I ended up not even bringing my camera that weekend and ended up only taking one picture that day. Very unlike me. It was a great Christmas week and the older I get I see that all I really need in life is God, family, happiness and love.

thumbnail_DA125E56-0E25-493D-91BD-2EEB62F725C1

I know I’m super, duper late but I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading more about your Christmas! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your traditions and also have the weekend to celebrate. It's nice to have that midweek break and even more special when you can slow down a bit and really enjoy it. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, that made me smile :) I completely agree! Amazing how so much of what I use to think is changing as I get older. I hope you've had a great week and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I loved and hated the way it fell in the middle of the week. It mostly threw off my concept of time as it relates to work I think LOL. I'm glad you and Sean were able to relax and wake up in your own house.

    I love your guys' tradition. I tried to do my yearly tradition of taking Dominic (and sam), driving around to look at Christmas lights with hot chocolate while listening to Christmas music, and I was met with resistance from EVERYBODY. Sam yelled the whole time, Dom wasn't into it- which weirdly hurt my feels, although he's getting older, this was to be expected LOL...

    anyway... What did you guys buy eachother this year? What exactly is french press coffee? I always hear the internet talk about it, no clue what all that is or entails.

    I'm glad you had a great time with Sean's family, and had fun being in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that I can agree with ... I found myself wondering what day of the week it was, haha.

      Christmas lights with hot chocolate is a great tradition. It probably hurt your feelings because it is something you enjoy and now that he is getting older he can say what he likes and doesn't like. I think it's something you enjoy when you're really little and then again when you're older because you know how much work it goes into decorating the outside of our house in such a big way.

      LOL ... do you really want to know?! I got Sean tech stuff ... the Ring, a smart thermostat and a mug. He also got a stocking with miscellaneous things. He got me a fancy candle, le creuset pot that I haven't used yet since I'm waiting for the perfect dish to mak (lol), airpods and stocking stuffers.

      French press ... hmm, you use ground coffee and then you press the coffee down, lol. I don't know how to explain but it is strong and good!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!