Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Easter Dinner 2020

IMG_5819

Easter was certainly different this year as I'm sure it was for all of you but it was good nonetheless.

We’ve had a tradition of buying a turkey and freezing it for several months prior to Easter. We purchase the turkey months in advance as we’ve run into the situation in the past where Easter rolls around and a turkey is no where to be found. Well, how fortunate we were this year because I’m pretty certain that we would not have found a turkey this year.

This year, we felt pretty grateful to celebrate Easter together. Our health in tact and our love for each other in tact.

Sean requested that we have our Easter dinner the day before Easter and I think it is because he wanted to eat turkey two evenings in a row. But it ended up being a great suggestion because when Sunday rolled around we already had dinner ready.

Setting our dining table:

IMG_5805

IMG_5815

IMG_5834 IMG_5837

IMG_5846

Our Easter dinner closely resembles our Thanksgiving dinner and we wouldn't have it any other way. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing with dried cranberries, corn, roasted green beans, gravy and red wine. Our wine came from a winery in Sonoma and was incredible; my favorite Pinot Noir to date. I’ve already ordered two more bottles and I’m looking forward to receiving them. They currently have a 30% off promotion in case you want to take advantage. It is a lot of food for just two people (we intended to host Easter dinner in our house this year) but we had left overs for days and froze the remaining turkey as I plan to make turkey chili or turkey soup soon. It has been unseasonably cold the last week so soup sounds really good.

Carving the turkey which Sean learned how to properly do from YouTube after all these years, haha.

IMG_5858

IMG_5860

IMG_5864

IMG_5869

On another note, I find that picking up my camera and snapping pictures at every possible angle makes me feel good. It’s something that has always been consistent in my life so it makes me feel ... normal. So, I’m making note to pick up my camera more often even if it means taking pictures of the remote control.

I hope you all had wonderful Easter weekends. Take care & stay safe! ♥

4 comments:

  1. We usually eat "Thanksgiving" food for this holiday as well. While we skipped the turkey this year, I did make a honey ham that only lasted two days. *sigh*

    Glad you guys were able to enjoy. The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat ham but honey ham sounds delicious. Makes me want to try my hand at a honey turkey. We're still eating turkey, lol ... it freezes really well.

      Thank you :) I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. The ONLY thing I did for Easter was giving Dominic a box of goodies. That is all...

    Your table setting is beautiful.
    Who doesn't love leftovers?
    I love that Sean looked up how to properly carve a turkey.

    I hope you're well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A box of goodies sounds great to me!

      Thank you! :)
      And yes, leftovers are the best. We're still eating turkey, lol. It freezes really well!

      Hahaha, we both agreed that he should have done it a long time ago. Better late than never. I hope you're well too!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!