Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summertime & The Living Is Easy ♥

Summer is definitely not my most favorite season. I don't enjoy being hot, sweaty or sticky. Just not my thang. But there is something incredible about it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that school was out in the summer.

And although, I am not off for summer anymore, that feeling still remains.

Minus the fact that the glorious 4th fell on a Wednesday and I woke up extremely exhausted today, we had an incredible time.

Tuesday evening, we met up with our friends for dinner and drinks. Afterward, we went to view some fireworks. OK, I am obsessed with fireworks. This year, we decided not to go to our city's show and well, I regret that decision. The firework's show we attended this year was lack luster. I left feeling like I wanted to cry because I look forward to this every year.

Oh well, there's next year. And it's not on a Wednesday next year. But a Thursday. I checked. Sigh.

Excuse the abundant pictures of myself. Hubs was in that mood again.

{Dress: Kohls - Sandals: American Eagle - Earrings: Forever 21}


{I like being festive. For some reason people may think I'm friendlier when I'm dressed this way because too many people waved and said Happy 4th to me}



{My amazing crab stuffed shrimp dinner. I seriously would have licked my plate if I was home. It was so good}


{After dinner, we were off to view some fireworks}


{Emma was very excited!}



{If you guessed that Sean was trying to lift up my dress in the first picture you would be correct. Cropping is a wonderful thing}




{Fireworks make me happy even when the show is just OK}


On the 4th, we went to my in-law's campsite. We had the best time! I had way too much food and marshmallows. Enjoyed spending time with my niece and nephews. Soaked myself in the water to keep from being too hot. Watched my dog swim like a pro and have the best time of her life. Loved on hubby although he didn't want pictures. I told him he is going to regret it when he is 70 and has no pictures from his 30s to remind himself that he was once hot. He laughed but it didn't convince him.

And I enjoyed being free. Thanks to all those who fight everyday for my freedom.

Here are some pictures from the 4th:

{Dress: Alloy - Sandals: American Eagle - Earrings: Aldos Accessories - Bathing Suit: Victoria's Secret}


{I figured I wouldn't mind if I lost this ring in the water}


{Campsite}





{MIL & SILs}


{Sean and his nephew}


{Jayden, my new nephew, is the sweetest and cutest baby}





{She called her chicken, "Chicken-liscious"}





{Izy having the time of her life}




{She was exhausted after all the fun she had. She is still catching up on her sleep}



Whew, uploading all those pics was work! Hope you all had fabulous 4ths as well!

30 comments:

  1. love your striped dress and your maxi dress!! what fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of those dresses. So festive! I don't blame all of the people that waved and said hello, you were gorg!
    And I love doing my nails, so glad you did 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had a blast. Surrounded by loving people on the holidays and overall is refreshing. You look so pretty in your maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, this all looks like so much fun, seriously.

    also, i love both of your dresses, so fantastic.

    summer isn't my favorite either, now i'm always working and going to school, i think fall is my favorite, cause you can wear a cardigan and be ok, but you don't need a coat.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make summer look GOOOOOD!! Love all of your pictures xo (That would have taken forever to upload them all!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating! It's so fun "following" you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the new layout...nice!! It seems like you had a wonderful time with friends and family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new layout to your blog because of how fabulous it looks and how easy it is to see your personality just through looking at the blog.

    I also really love the photos and it's great to see you guys having such a fun fourth of July and to complete a hatrick of loving, I adore that last dress you wore Faith, you look amazing in it, Sean's a lucky bloke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (First time commenter, long time reader.) Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing. You look FAB by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, LOVE the blog makeover!! (I'm emailing you about details on this- it looks GREAT!)

    And I love all these pictures!! Your outfits are so cute--like always--and that campsite looks so fun!
    I also love that Sean gives you so much $hit about taking pictures--lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an AWESOME mid-week holiday! I am obsessed with your pre-4th dress. you are killing it in that red. and that baby is so stinking adorable! i love it! TGIF though right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 4th looked so fun! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew, I'm so glad that your blog isn't private, I may have had a mini heart attack lastnight as I tried to read your post!

    Do you have to be so cute in all of your clothes, I mean, seriously Faith! Can you move to Atlanta so we can shop together? Or at least shop each other's closets?!?

    That baby looks good on you! Still praying for you guys!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Izy looks so content swimming. Dexter isn't such a fan.

    I'm gonna have to tell Ry guy what you told Shawn about the photos in his 30s.

    Have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the pics! Felt like I was partying right alongside ya :)

    You of course look fab - as you always do!

    Love your new layout too - but I really like that photo of you and Sean - it was too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. New Layout. Like!! Being outside in nature with family enjoying good food is always nice. That baby is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gal, I love your outfits especially the pre 4th of july one...Girl I need to go shopping with you whenever I'm close to your state. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. You looked amazing in that blue dress and I love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that striped dress...looking good mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You all look cute holding a baby!

    It looks like you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i noticed the pic in which sean is touching your bum, naughty naughty.

    you look great. and the new look of your blog, wow... you are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faith you guys are all smiles I love it... Sean is hilarious you guys have the best sense of humor so fun! So great to spend time with family outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks like an awesome time! and i love your dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a great 4th of July holiday. Love your hair, too! So cute.

    P.S. Sean looks hilarious holding the baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. ooooh girl! you are def rockin that blue dress!! LOVE it! looks like you had an amazing time! :-)


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like a wonderful 4th!!! You had sooo much fun! And you looked fabulous…as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that sweet little girl's look of wonder as she is watching the fireworks. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So the blue feather earrings are bomb.com, fireworks look so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!