Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Random Thursday Morning Ramblings.

I’m thrilled for a three day weekend but still feeling bummed that Labor Day weekend usually marks the end of summer. I know that we still have a few good weeks of sun and warmth but at night when you’re able to sleep without central air it’s a little reminder.

But I’m also thinking of little things that have me excited for the next few weeks. Sean and I are going to our local fair tomorrow. I haven't gone in a couple of years so I'm excited for cotton candy and possibly some fried dough. My sister (Priscilla) is holding her annual Labor Day weekend barbeque this weekend so I’m excited to see her and my nephew. My baby nephew Rhys turns one in one week so I'm excited to celebrate him very soon! Tell me, how is he one already?! So yeah, a bunch of little excitements sprinkled here. I just realized I used the word excited a lot in this paragraph. I'm sorry. I guess, I'm excited? ;)

Before we left for New Orleans we got a new tenant to rent the downstairs apartment of our new rental property! Initially we thought we were going to have a little more time to get the apartment ready. Due to the apartment being rented quicker than we expected we were unable to do a few things we wanted because our new tenant wanted the apartment as soon as possible. You should have seen us rushing to complete painting before we left for New Orleans. And although we didn’t get to finish all the things we planned we are thrilled to have been able to get the apartment rented quickly. I had grand plans to take some before and after pictures to share on the blog of the bottom apartment but it did not turn out that way. I will share a few (maybe) that I was able to take but fair warning, they’re not great.

I haven’t made a trip to my favorite local winery this summer which is a big surprise so I definitely have to make plans to get a trip in soon. I hope that time does not get away from me before it happens but fall trips to the winery aren’t so bad either.

What are a few things that you are excited to do before summer is over?

4 comments:

  1. I used to be so confused when people who work full time year round would talk about missing summer but I think I finally figured it out!I don't think of Summer as in weather because California. We don't get shut in because of snow or super low temps. I still just think of it in terms of extended time off from something, which I don't get since I'm not in school. I got a long time off this summer, but it is the exception. And i don't have kids in school that make anything feel different during summer. Ha! I guess that's just how my weird Cali brain works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful celebrations to look forward to.
    I leave for work around the same time too so I totally get what you're saying. The fall is my favorite time of year so I don't miss summer too too much 😁.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had taken Dominic to the pool more often and I missed the fair as well, mostly due to being so busy. I think before fall hits I want to take Dominic out on his Bike. I can hardly believe I've yet to let him ride it this year... I'm major slacking (or more like never home).

    A trip to the winery sounds amazing. I'm glad you were able to rent your property so quickly! I say fake an issue & sneak into his apartment and take some photos ;) *jk*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great labor day weekend Faith! I'm kinda ready for Fall, but deep down I know I'm not ready for Summer to end lol. Confusing, I know;). I only went to the beach a few times this Summer, so I hope to do more of that these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!