Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Summer Bucket List: Try a new restaurant

I cannot believe that summer is almost over. It went by so quickly! I know it happens every year but now when I head out for work in the morning (6:30am) it isn't as bright outside; and it's making me wish for summer to start all over again. I'm going to savor these last few weeks of summer; dining al fresco, grilling, spending evenings on our deck drinking chilled wine and maybe get in one last beach day. Basically doing all the things I'm going to miss once these temperatures go down.

OK, moving on. Part of our summer bucket list was to try a new restaurant. We had this restaurant marked for over six months and so when we finally had the chance to visit you can say we were pretty excited. Unfortunately, for us, it was a big letdown. Our food was just not good. I was so excited for my mac n cheese but it was soooo bland. Cinthia’s egg dish sounded like it was going to be incredible based on the description on the menu but it was basically just eggs soaked in tomato sauce. I will say that the fries were pretty good so there’s that. Union and Finch, first and last time which is a bummer because there’s a lot of potential here.

IMG_7410

IMG_7414 IMG_7412

IMG_7418

IMG_7419

IMG_7421

IMG_7423

IMG_7427 IMG_7430

After our fail of picking a good new restaurant to try we headed to the movie theatre to watch “Girl’s Trip” and omgoodness! If you haven’t already seen it, do it! Seriously the funniest movie I’ve seen in the longest time. We could not stop laughing. It was hilarious and a good message as well. This is a movie that I’ll own eventually and will watch all the time.

After the movie I was feeling pretty hungry since I ended up not eating much at Union and Finch. I just refuse to eat food that doesn’t taste good (something about not being worth the calories, lol) even if I paid for it. We went to good ole Torre which is actually a restaurant I tried the first time this summer and have already gone back to three times. It’s that good.

The best margarita mimosa!IMG_7438

IMG_7441 IMG_7436

IMG_7443

IMG_7445

IMG_7447

IMG_7448

Minus the fail of our new restaurant choice this was such an awesome day as funny movies, amazing friends and great food are a few of my favorite things. I hope you all had wonderful weekends and have great weeks!

P.S. I've been watching Hurricane Harvey's footage and my heart breaks. I can't imagine what those who have been are affected are going through. Sending prayers to all my readers and friends who have been affected. Please stay safe. ♥

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's almost over either and these unusual temps are making the last little bit harder to enjoy. This places looks so good and I am drooling over this food! Your top is really cute too. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate bad restaurants too, especially expensive ones. Like if I'm going to settle for mediocre food I'll hit up McDonalds. Your pictures look pretty though ! I'm glad your day/meals turned around anyway <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls Trip will become a classic as far as I'm concerned. It was that good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I really can't take it when food doesn't live up to your expectations. Or the food is really good the first time and then you go back and it's horrible!

    I still haven't watched that movie yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well.It certainly looked good, but that goes to show you how looks can be deceiving. I don't blame you for not wanting to waste calories on bad food...especially when it was gonna take up a lot of calories lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...what a disappointment. Sorry to read that. Glad you were still able to have an awesome day.
    Yay for crossing things off your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!