Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

2018 Philadelphia Auto Show

IMG_2845

OK, I'll admit it. We had every intention of not going out to eat in any restaurant for the whole month of January but we broke on January 27th. Let me explain. The weather was so nice that day and we had done extremely well with not spending money on unnecessary things, that we kinda had a treat ourselves moment. Sean loves cars and when he heard that Philly was having a auto show he insisted that we go. And well, who says no to Philly? I've never been much of a car person but this auto show quite possibly has made me one. We saw some absolutely incredible cars! We also saw a few famous vehicles from television shows from our childhoods. The ones that were of interest to us were Kit from The Knight Rider, the Scooby Doo van and the A-Team's van. I'll admit that I was pretty excited to see those vehicles in person.

IMG_2838
IMG_2841

IMG_2842

IMG_2844

IMG_2861 IMG_2847

IMG_2853

IMG_2849 IMG_2850

IMG_2854

IMG_2856 IMG_2855

IMG_2859

IMG_2857 IMG_2858

IMG_2862

IMG_2867 IMG_2870

IMG_2868

IMG_2875

IMG_2872 IMG_2873

IMG_2878

IMG_2882 IMG_2891

IMG_2884

IMG_2886

IMG_2888 IMG_2889

IMG_2894

After checking out so many cars we got hungry so we had lunch at Jimmy G's for an amazing philly cheese steak. When in Philly ...
The cheese fries were also so freaking good!

IMG_2909 IMG_2911

We picked a restaurant that we knew we wouldn’t spend a crap-load of money but still would be good based on the reviews. And it was great! It was our first time there and I can't wait to head back. I didn't take great pictures. In fact, Sean actually had to remind me to take a few shots of my food for this post. What?! I love that guy of mine. After we ate, we simply went home. But you know what, although February is not a no spend month, I’m really enjoying watching what I spend regardless. I think doing a no spend month the first month of the year was a good idea because it’ll now be imprinted in my mind for the next eleven months of this year.

Today, I'm heading to upstate NY for a little birthday celebration with Sean and some of his old rugby friends. I'm really excited as I haven't seen a lot of these people in years and I use to spend practically every weekend with them when we lived in NY. I'm really looking forward to catching up with many of them. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! ♥

3 comments:

  1. I love all of this! Philly is one of my favorite cities! We grew up in south jersey so everything was all about Philly. We used to go to the car show every year and now we go to the one in NYC. It used to be tradition to go out to eat at that Hard Rock after. It makes me want to go to the Philly one next year now. Oh how I love a Philly cheese steak! So much fun! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I noticed was Sean in his grown up mature jacket!!!!
    Nice cars too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean looks like a car's sales man in your photo. "Let me cut you a deal on this Lambo" (is that what it even is? I know nothing about cars). I haven't been to the car show in easily 12 years.

    Boppin' around Philly looks fun! I love a good cheese-steak! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!