Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Autumn, we meet again ♥

IMG_7539

Ahhh, my favorite time of year has arrived. The thing is that although I love, love, love fall it reminds me that winter is around the corner and man, I really dread winter. The dark drive into work in the mornings, the snow, the cold, the black ice … but I digress.

Let’s instead talk about my love of fall!

IMG_7537 IMG_7538

The weather

My absolute favorite weather temperature is 73 degrees. I know, way to be specific but in the fall I get this temperature often and it always feels so nice. Not too hot and not too cold … just perfection. This is probably why I should live in San Diego ;).

The colors

I mean, how can you not love the way the leaves change colors? I just love it and as a person who enjoys taking pictures this is my most favorite thing to capture! It does take a bit longer for the leaves to change in Pennsylvania and last year they weren’t that vibrant but I’m hoping that this year will be different. Crossing all my fingers and toes!

That autumn light

Have you noticed how vibrant the light is in the fall? And the sky. I just think that everything looks so much better in the fall.

Clothing

Fall attire is the best! I don’t think I need to say more about this but I think that even a person with no sense of style can look fashionable in the fall. Layers, hats, boots, scarfs, leather, trench coats … you really can’t go wrong.

My birthday

This might be the reason I love fall so much but being an October baby … it’s only right that fall is my favorite season.

Pumpkin picking and fall décor

Although I do not like to consume anything pumpkin I do love the way pumpkins look. In the house, on the front porch … just sign me up. Everything at home feels a bit more cozy and warm and I think my house looks best in the fall even though I do minimal decorating. I think it has something to do with the way the light seeps into my house in the fall.

Comfort foods

Ahhh, the beginning of all the comfort foods! This is when I begin to make soups and chilis. Nothing better than having a bowl of something warm, creamy and rich when it is cooler outside.

Lighting up the fireplace for the first time

This is something I look forward to every year. I just love the crackling of the fire and the warmness that envelopes our house from the fire. I love throwing thick blankets on the floor and just laying right in front of the fireplace. The dogs love it just as much as I do (I have to put their dog beds by the fire too or we're all fighting for space on the blankets) and I’m really looking forward to nights like this. Add in some Pinot noir and a good book and we’ve got ourselves the perfect evening.

The holidays!

Thanksgiving and Christmas is around the corner. Need I say more?! It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Love these pics of you and your outfit We are one in the same with our dislike for winter. Ugh I am dreading it and worried I'm going to go stir crazy in the house with a new baby. The fall is such a great season with so much to enjoy. If only we could skip winter and go straight to spring I'd be one happy girl. And San Diego does have the most perfect weather. My brother in-laws live there and tease us all the time when it's winter here. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ugh, I dislike winter so much. I'm dreading it too! Awww, I hope that you don't go stir crazy! Who do we have to write to, to let that happen? It would be amazing if we could skip winter. They really do, I want their weather ever winter, haha.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Yeah,73 is a nice temp and we get that a lot around these parts. We don't get fall like you get fall, but I am looking forward to wearing boots and leggings. I also really miss my Uggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky! I wish we could trade places in the winter, hahaha. Ugh, I hate my Uggs because I know what it symbolizes, lol.

      Delete
  3. Could you be any cuter. I need to hire you as my personal stylist after I pop this baby out. I am in such a rut.

    We have personally had a very COLD and rainy (i mean it's been DAYS now) autumn so far. Kinda bumming me out since Summer was so flippin' hot.

    Typically I enjoy the weather, the colors, pumpkin decor (I'm with you on not liking anything pumpkin- flavored, hell I don't even like pumpkin pie!), and the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! And girl, sign me up as your personal stylist. Dream job!

      Ugh, that stinks. We're getting rain here and there but have been able to enjoy some good weather for the most part although we did have summer weather for a few days but it looks like that's over now.

      I don't like pumpkin pie either, just yuck!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!