Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Fall weekends at home

IMG_3680

I really look forward to weekends at home. I just relish them. It’s not like we do anything extraordinary it’s just the ease of being at home that I look forward to. Being able to wake up and not rush to get on the road is one of my favorite things. If there is one thing I enjoy about the colder months it is spending more time at home.

This particular Saturday was pretty darn perfect. We woke up without an alarm clock, made breakfast sandwiches and coffee together, worked out at the gym and then took the dogs for a long walk with a pit stop at the river for Izabella to get a little swim. She loves the water and enjoys swimming. As for Walker all he wants to do is drink it and catch that duck that is so close yet so far away.

I had no intention of decorating for fall this year. I just didn’t want to bother Sean to get up in the attic for fall décor; so when he said that we should decorate for fall that Saturday, I’ll admit that I was a little surprised.

You see, I’m the one who always suggest the fall decorating thing so it was pretty awesome for him to suggest it this time around. It's nice when you know that someone is doing something because they also want to.

He got all our fall décor down from the attic and then suggested that we go to the farmers market right down the street to pick up some pumpkins and mums. And then he suggested that afterwards we should get some ice cream at our local ice cream shop. I mean, he basically created my perfect day. I did think that the weather was a tad bit warm to get pumpkins but we did it anyway and our pumpkins are still as hard as when we first picked them up.

We decorated our front porch that day and switched out the flamingo doormat for the fall one I found at Target last year on sale for $5. A smile is on my face the moment I see our front porch, the house smells like pumpkin spice when you enter and all the little pumpkin touches around the house makes me feel warm and cozy inside.

IMG_3673

IMG_3679 IMG_3681

IMG_3674

IMG_3682

IMG_3675

IMG_3684

IMG_3685

IMG_3686

IMG_3691

IMG_3688

IMG_3690

When they say it’s the simple things … I get it.
I really get it.

2 comments:

  1. Each of these photos, made me completely and totally happy.

    I'm ALWAYS home, so I really love when I have to rush out the door to hit the road to go do something fun. LOL! I'm super serious, but I suppose if I did it a lot I would love my time at home more too.

    Samuel sounds like Walker... all he wants to do is suck down a bottle every 10 seconds and catch whatever is in his line of vision LOL.

    I love that you two decorated for autumn. Dominic is forever bugging me to decorate for every holiday and season. I always say "I will" and never do except for Christmas. If he really wants to do it, I should... and let him pick out some things. I need to fly you in, and let you do it for me, LOL decorating has never been my strong suit. I definitely have stuff I like, but I dont' know how to put it together.

    Farmers Market, flowers, and ice cream! Umm YES. I'm guessing autumn is Sean's favorite as well ? Glad you two are all cozy for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm glad to read that! They make me happy too :)

      Haha, well I can imagine that if I was always home I would want to be out and about as well. This weekend I was home and it was the absolute best. The older I get the more of a homebody I'm becoming.

      Hahaha, Samuel knows what's up! Food is everything, lol.

      I'm sure you have some fall décor stored at your house. Have him pick out his favorites and place it around the house. I'm sure it'll make him feel good and you wouldn't even have to do it, haha. Girl, fly me in, lol. I think a dream job would be using people's money to design a space. Can you imagine all the things you could do with an unlimited budget?!

      Sean loves summer, haha!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!