Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Beautiful fall day with our nephew

IMG_3788

A little over one month ago, Sean and I traveled to upstate NY to spend some two on one time with our nephew. I can’t get over what an amazing kid he is. He was so thrilled to have us visit just for him. We picked him up and asked him if there was one thing he could have what would it be. He said a bike because the one he had was broken. Ha, we were not expecting that but your wish is our command.

On the car ride over to get him the desired bike, I noticed a small notebook on his lap. I later found out that he carries this notebook around that he jots down stories, thoughts, etc. I thought it was really cool so I told him so and he asked me if I wanted to read it. I told him that it was his private journal and that it wouldn’t be right for me to read it. He replied, “No, it’s not private; not like a diary. Mom reads it all the time”. Haha, OK if that’s the case, I’d love to read it.

It was so cute to get a bit of what goes on in his mind. I was pleasantly surprised to find several stories about his trips to Pennsylvania and just how much he enjoys visiting me and Sean. It made me so happy to see just how well rounded he is. My sister and my brother in law are really doing a fine job raising him.

We had a great time together. We picked out the bike he liked most (which my sister says he can’t stop talking about and is trying to ride every day before winter comes), went to the Newburgh Water Front where Sean taught him how to skip rocks and picked up the most amazing apple cider donuts I’ve ever had at Adams Fairacre Farms. It was such a great day and one that I will always keep near to my heart.

IMG_3750

Enjoying the view

IMG_3754 IMG_3765

IMG_3760

Sean teaching him how to skip rocks

IMG_3763 IMG_3767

IMG_3772

IMG_3769

IMG_3775

IMG_3785

IMG_3794

IMG_3795

IMG_3806 IMG_3807

IMG_3810 IMG_3811

IMG_3812

IMG_3815 IMG_3816

IMG_3814

IMG_3820

2 comments:

  1. I love that you spend one on one time with your nieces and nephews. I love that he asked for a bike. I still need to teach Dominic how to ride his. I am behind in the parenting department… actually his dad needs to show him.

    I ADORE that he carries around a notebook. That’s pretty cool that a kid his age does that. Dominic asks for notebooks, but he’s as bad as I am … We use it like twice, collects dust, and then wants a new one months later.

    Of course he LOVES coming to see you. I think you’re everyones favorite aunt and uncle! ;)

    Apple Cider doughnuts are amazing- i missed out this year - Did your nephew enjoy them? I really hope if we EVER get to meet , that Dominic can hang out with your nephew, they’re around the same age, and I feel like they would hit it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's makes it so much easier to do so without any kiddos of our own. Haha, we were surprised but now it makes a lot of sense. Yes, tell his dad to teach him! Zach loves, loves riding his bike and it's great exercise too!

      I was so surprised to find him doing that. My sister said he has been doing it for years ... I just never noticed, haha. Hahaha to the way you and Dom use notebooks!

      Hahaha, I think I have to agree but again I think it's because we don't have kiddos. We get extra time to spoil them. It's funny because I use to tell Zach when he was a tiny baby that I couldn't wait for him to tell me I was his favorite aunt. It was a joke but it's funny that when he told me that I was in shock, lol.

      Ugh, sad you missed out this year. I missed out a few years ago and I've pledged never again, ha.

      He LOVED them and he isn't really a sweets kind of person either. Crossing fingers! Let's put it out into the universe!

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!