Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

Nadiyah goes to the fair

IMG_3009

After a day spent learning about colleges and all that they offer we knew that we had to balance it out with an evening of fun. I love fairs but I’ll admit that I don’t even do rides. I had a rather not so fun experience at Six Flags on a 6th grade field trip and haven't done a ride since, ha. Although I have no issues with the Space Mountain at Disney, so fun!

I’d rather walk around, play some games (I never win any prizes but Sean does!) and eat all the fair food so usually that is what we do when we go to the fair. This was actually our first time taking a kid to the fair. We have gone with Sean’s family to the fair but we’ve always just gone along and were never actually responsible for anyone. This time we waited on line to buy unlimited tickets that way Nadiyah could go on every ride that she desired. And boy did she! This girl is an adrenaline junkie. No fear whatsoever. Some of the rides that made my heart beat fast just by looking at them, well she had no expression on her face while on them. Hmmm, is something wrong with her? Ha, I kid. I kid. Something is most definitely wrong with me. But she had so much fun and I was so happy to see her sport some big ole smiles.

IMG_3006

IMG_3007 IMG_3021

IMG_3012

IMG_3028

IMG_3034 IMG_3037

IMG_3040

IMG_3043 IMG_3038

IMG_3042

IMG_3047

IMG_3050

IMG_3055

You see the girl sitting next to Nadiyah? They had them sit together for balance purposes and it was hilarious to see the contrast on their expressions. Sean and I were laughing so hard. Nadiyah was not phased one bit and the girl next to her was having heart palpitations. That girl is basically how I would be next to Nadiyah.

IMG_3057

IMG_3062

IMG_3064

IMG_3059

For the first time I didn’t go to the fair for the food. In fact, we only stopped once to get something to eat because Nadiyah wanted to get on every ride possible. And to be honest, it was the most fun I've ever had at the fair. And when she thought the day could not get better we made a stop at Rita's for Nadiyah's favorite dessert before we went home.

6 comments:

  1. Ritas is YOUR favorite desert, who are you fooling ;) j/k.

    It looks like she had a blast at the fair. I would be the girl having heart palpitations too. I absolutely hate rides though. Always have... even as a little kid. (except the ones that go and a slow speed). You two are the best aunt and uncle in the world! Looks like she had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you got me!

      Yeah, I hate rides too. I tried to be brave as a little kid and it did not go well, lol. Slow speed even the slow ones I don't think go slow enough! Aww, thank you :) She had such a good time.

      Delete
  2. A stop for Rita's is always a good time! I love that you had so much fun at the fair. I'm ok with certain rides but the older I get the more cautious I am. That stinks you had a bag experience at six flags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. The coconut ices is my absolute favorite!

      LOL, someone should have told me about the free fall.

      Delete
  3. I can't even imagine the fair in Fall. The fair feels like summer to me because it blows into town for about a month in the summer and that's it. I don't do those fair rides either, but Disney rides....YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, this was in the summer. I'm just way behind on updating my blog. But completely agree that the fair screams summer.

      I don't do any rides ... well, except for Splash Mountain.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!