Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Nadiyah goes to Philadelphia

IMG_3127

So Nadiyah has gone to college and to the fair but she had never been to a big city. We actually are taking her to NYC on Saturday to see the Rockettes and she could not be more excited after her experience in Philadelphia.

OK, moving on ... When we realized that Nadiyah had never been to a big city we decided that a day trip to Philadelphia while she was visiting us was a must. Philadelphia is a mere hour away so it’s an easy trip to do whenever we need a big city fix (which I’ll admit I need more than Sean does).

We parked in Rittenhouse Square and immediately happened upon a farmer’s market. We didn’t need to pick up anything but I couldn’t help but to take a few pictures of the lovely scene.

IMG_3070 IMG_3072

IMG_3074

I ate at this restaurant last year (Parc) and it was amazing.
I am hoping to go back again soon, maybe New Year's Eve!

IMG_3071

Philadelphia is quickly becoming one of my absolute favorite cities to visit.

IMG_3075

IMG_3076

We wanted Nadiyah to get a 360 degree view of the city so we went to
the One Liberty Observation Deck for her to take it all in.

IMG_3083

IMG_3085

IMG_3087

IMG_3094

IMG_3096

IMG_3099

IMG_3104

IMG_3106

IMG_3108

IMG_3110 IMG_3119

IMG_3121

After the observation deck we walked around to give Nadiyah a feel of the city.

IMG_3122

IMG_3123

IMG_3124

IMG_3130

IMG_3132

IMG_3134

IMG_3136

IMG_3139

We checked out Logan Fountain and Love Park because, well, duh.

IMG_3146 IMG_3149 IMG_3151

IMG_3171

IMG_3174

IMG_3176

IMG_3154

IMG_3163 IMG_3158

IMG_3160

Just living her best life :)

IMG_3167 IMG_3168

IMG_3177

We did more sightseeing before stopping at Copabanana for lunch and then we picked up some new records at Repo Records.

thumbnail_IMG_2112

thumbnail_IMG_2117

Before we left we knew that we needed to take her to see the Rocky statue. What we didn't know was that there was a Made in America concert going on (with the likes of Cardi B, etc) so it was all blocked off.
Next time, Nadiyah!

IMG_3180

IMG_3179

When we got home we realized that Nadiyah did not have a true Philly cheesesteak experience so we did the next best thing and went to Matey’s for dinner. In my (humble) opinion they have the best Philly cheesesteak (I always get their Cooper Cheesesteak!) I’ve ever had … and their milkshakes are out of this world.

thumbnail_767C50DA-8DD3-4C9B-96DD-5098C37BF5D4

It was another lovely day with our niece but we had to get to bed early because we were heading to the beach bright and early in the morning.

7 comments:

  1. Great photos!!! Now I want a philly cheese steak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha, I always want a philly cheese steak :)

      Delete
  2. Such great pictures of one of my favorite cities!! My first job out of college was on the 20th floor of the building with the pyramid on top. We're headed there for the Thanksgiving day parade :) Have the best time in NYC this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it is completely becoming one of my favorite cities too :) That is so awesome, gorgeous building. Enjoy and thank you!

      Delete
  3. I loved seeing all the photographs in this post. Philadelphia looks like a lot of fun. It’s weird.. it’s one of those “big cities” where movies are filmed, but kinda one of those big cities you don’t hear a lot about… well at least not where I live.

    I would love to experience NYC one day as well. Hell I just need to get to the East coast period. I hope you share how she likes the Rockettes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a lot of fun. And I agree, I never had Philadelphia on my radar until we moved. But now, I can't seem to get enough.

      You have to experience it one day, no questions! Haha, yes, getting to the East coast is a great start.

      She absolutely loved it. And she also advised that she loves the city more than Philadelphia, haha.

      Delete

I love comments ... but only if you're fabulous!